Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 01-05-2010, 02:33 PM   #1
Jdrobone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9833
Heading South

Well, the two of us are now at the Naval Station here in Jacksonville, actually "Pelican Roost" at Naval Station Mayport. The people here are very nice, sites are large, 50A is the norm large rec area etc. etc. etc. - just the opposite of the site we stayed at last night at Shaw Air Force base in Sumter, S.C.. Win some, lose some.
Tomorrow we head for Mouse Mountain where hopefully it will be a little warmer than what we've seen lately.
Jerry and Sandy

Jdrobone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
We stayed at Pelican Roost earlier this year. WayneM was a distant neighbor. We did like the site and the base. I especially enjoyed watching the ships come in and out of the port.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:28 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
We really enjoyed being there. Being in an SOB, my window was looking right at the ship channel. As Phil stated, we were neighbors by about 5 sites.

The pull throughs on the front row do not allow for the Montana picture window to be utilized to its fullest extent. Just in conversation I mentioned this to the manager. He said that it was alright to pull through from the opposite direction. That would mean you would have to run your services underneath the trailer. I would really give that some consideration if I still have had the 3400RL.

If we take another trip that way we will definately stay there again.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:25 AM   #4
OldRetiredMSGT
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8879
We are At MacDill for the winter. This is our first time at doing the Snowbird thing. Would like to try something different next winter, any suggestions???? Some place that won't take you to the cleaners.
OldRetiredMSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 04:28 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Take a look at Texas. Normally we have mild winters - this year is a freak since 1996. You need to book ahead of time. I live in Texas City, which is 40 miles South of Houston. There is a CG just up the road (there are many) called Green Caye. I believe their monthly is $350 for 30 Amp, and that includes electricity, and $370 for 50 Amp. I think you can get the 50 amp maybe a little cheaper. Unfortunately there are no MilCamps around this area.

San Antonio is about the same latitude as Houston. Lots of CG's in that area Fort Sam Houston has a very nice RV Park, but I think they have term limits. Lackland is first come first served. Corpus Christi NAS has a nice camp, but beware of the continuous wind. It will slap your toppers all night long this time of year. There are plenty more down in The Valley, but their prices are a little higher.

Come on down!!!(or up)
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote