Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Pinehill Pa

Ok, Just back from Capecod RV Resort, Ma...not bad place but doing end of season construction work so we got wake up calls from construction activity every morning at 7:00 am. Weather was not so good to us...rained 5 days out of the 7 we were there.

This Friday morning we're off to Kutztown for the weekend...got reservations somewhere in the "Axx" section at Pine Hill for base camp for day trips to Renningers and Shupps Grove.

noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Been to Pine Hill many many times. A couple years ago they held the MOC NE Rally there. It's a nice park but there is some noise from the truck traffic on I-78 but being in the A section A13 thru A22 the noise won't be as bad. The worst section for hiway noise is the G section.
If you are running down to Shupp's I'd also suggest going to the Green Dragon near Ephrata. Green Dragon is a huge farmers market. Ask anyone at Shupp's for directions but the Dragon is only open on Fridays. There are numerous antique shops in and around Adamstown including another Renningers.
In Reading is the Vanity Fair outlet mall and it's huge with at least 50 different outlets.
Also just west on 78 at exit 25 is a Cabellas Store.
If you have any questions just ask. I was born and raised in Reading, 28 miles south of Kutztown, and know the area well.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:33 AM   #3
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Glenn, Thanks...this is a regular haunt for us, been doing it off and on for some 20 years. Have not done the Green Dragon nor the Cabellas tho...not sure how soon we will arrive on Friday and whether its doable on travel day.
-Pine Hill will be our first visit
Past home bases have been; Robin Hill, Skyway, Lake in Wood, Spring Gulch and Country Haven.
Thanks again,
Chuck
Old 09-23-2008, 04:39 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Did you see anyone flash at you when you were leaving Cape Cod? We were out there (solo) twice last week, once to Provincetown and points prior to Provincetown and another to the Sandwich area. I recall flashing lights at someone towing a Montana but no response. Maybe they didn't see me.

Safe travels.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Noneck,
Are you coming back through Tenn?
If so, stop at Deer Run CG in Crossville, TN. Not much around, but what a nice CG for quite and solitude.

Edited: p.s., another nice CG is North Fork at Front Royal.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 PM   #6
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Steve, Hmmm...don't know if it was me, we left Campground at 10:00 am Friday traveling on 28 over Bourne Bridge, Rt 25 to 495 following my camping buddies.

Waynem, That would be outside my range for this trip...Wappingers, NY to Kutztown, PA doesn't go through TN?? I will make note of those suggestions maybe next year, although we tend to hang along the coast.