Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 07-15-2008, 12:13 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Newfoundland

We are at the Gros Morne National Park in Newfoundland. What a beautiful place this is. It reminds us very much of Alaska without quite as much snow on the mountains. The lupine and bleeding hearts are in full bloom right now but the ice bergs are gone.

The people are wonderful here and sure do welcome tourists. The weather has been wonderful. Mid 70's during the day and high 50's to low 60's at night. Awesome Place.

Helen

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Bill & Helen, Glad to hear you made it to New foundland. Sounds like your enjoying the views and are having a great time. We are now in Anchorage, but will be in Homer later tomorrow. It's been cool and cloudy here, wish it was a little warmer. Safe travels, Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:34 AM   #3
foggyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1351
There is a big white space in your map called Maine. It needs to be filled. Stop and visit on the way back. Dan
foggyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Welcome to our province. We are having a bit of a heatwave, for us anyway. If you get an opportunity this week try to find a beach where the caplin are running. This is an annual event and these small fish roll up on beaches all over the province.

I noted that your journal map shows a number of communities beginning with "Saint". These all should be "St. The official names are abbreviated.

Enjoy your stay and your boat ride in Gros Morne. I assume you are doing the "Western Brook Pond" excursion. Have a jigs dinner and lobster is relatively cheap and tasty. As we say here "May you have one foot in Heaven before the devil knows your dead." Translation is "Best Wishes".
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Thank you wo much for the welcome Roger & Bea. I do love all of the neat sayings you have here. In fact I bought a book to learn what they all mean. We were daring and have tried mooseburgers, touton's with molasses and partridgeberry and fried bologna. Our boat ride was the evening ride down Bonnie Bay out of Norris Point. We did the 6K hike today to the boat dock at Western Brook but did not take the boat. They were full up so we just had a nice hike and saw a moose in the marsh.

Dan and Sandy, we do plan on filling in that big space on our return trip. I'll PM you if we get near you. It would be great to see you again.

Helen
Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM   #6
MacDR50
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7691
Bill & Helen:

If that is you in Shriner's Park we are just up the park from you. I knocked on the door of the trailer but no answer. All I saw was two feet that obviously belonged to a sleeping man so I tiptoed away. I will try again in the morning. If not I will meet someone with Dakota license plates LOL.
MacDR50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 03:50 PM   #7
HughM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7219
Bill & Helen, You are missing the 90 degree weather back in Florida. We hope you enjoy the trip.
Hugh
HughM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 11:14 PM   #8
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
That's us Roger and Bea. Can't imagine why we didn't hear you but we look forward to meeting you.

Hugh, it was 86 here yesterday and that is hot for a place that doesn't use air conditioners. The weather has been beautiful her as have the people. Hi to Pat. Sure hope she is doing well.

Helen
Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 AM   #9
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Bill and Helen,

We are enjoying your trip to the New England area. It sounds like you are too. That was one of our dreams. But with the cost of fuel not sure if we'll ever be able to make it back there. We haven't given up..... just postponing... Travel safely and we'll see you on down the road. Think you'll make Quartzsite this season? Hope so.

Dennis and Mary Kay
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:44 AM   #10
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Not sure about Q Dennis although I would love to. We'll need to sit still at our place in Florida for quite some time and recoup some of the bucks we are spending on this trip but it has been worth every penny as far as we are concerned. We are thinking about returning to Minnesota in the spring next year via New Mexico and the Good Sam National Rally. If you are still anywhere in the area in April we would love to see you and Mary Kay.

We did get a chance to meet Roget a Bea briefly this morning and hope to see them again. What is the chance of picking a park to stay in and finding out that a Moc'er is at the same park for the season. I know it happens often in the south but Newfoundland. Come on.. That's pretty rare.

Helen
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 AM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Wish we were there with you, Bill and Helen, but life does throw in some changes. Glad you folks are having a good trip. Soak it all in for us, too. Stop by on your return to Florida and we'll let you help with the sixth grade math!

On second thought, you guys are eating way too much lobster!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 03:24 PM   #12
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
You can never eat too much lobster Judy.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:00 PM   #13
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
You're right about that, Helen. By the way, I was able to get into your journal and have enjoyed your journey. Remember when we talked about my not being able to get to your entries? That doesn't seem to be a problem anymore. Aren't computers magical?!! Wish I could figure them out.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 05:41 AM   #14
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
We spent another evening with MacDR50, Roger and Bea in their home town of St. John's. What a super couple. If any of you get to this beautiful place, be sure you spend some time with these two. You will learn a lot and have a ball while learning.

Thanks again Bea and Roger for being out tour guide and a great supper.

Bill and Helen