Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Who, Where & When?
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
Smokies and Nashville

Along with another couple, (they are A S.O.B.--Sierra), will be leaving Sweetwater, Tx on 5/19 to travel to the Smokies, and back thru Nashville where we will be partaking of the Country Music's FanFAre. Looks to be an amazing event.
We will first stop at Hillsboro, Tx at a Thousand Trails Resort. One of those 2 nights free, plus $50 Walmart gift card for listening to a 90 minute sales presentation. Anyone familiar with this?
On 5/21 will spend one night at Texarkanna at Sterling Crest RV Park. Never stayed there, but it is Passport America. Figure it should be ok for just a one night stayover.
Will spend 2 nights at Memphis,Tn at Graceland RV Park. We've stayed there before, so we know it is nice.
From there we will go to Gatlinburg, Tn for 7 nights at the Twin Creek RV Resort. It has been highly recommended to us by another couple and it also has one of the highest TL ratings.
Then we will go back to Nashville for 11 nights at the Countryside RV Resort, actually located in Lebanon, Tn. About the only place we could find that had spaces available, so we hope it will be ok. Then we continue back home.
While in Gatlinburg, the guys are going to Charlotte, NC to the Coca Cola 600.
Any comments or suggestions are welcome. We are really looking forward to the trip.

mustang92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #2
Craig A
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6228
Twin Rivers in Gatlinburg is a nice park, but you'll have a bear of a time getting a 3400RL in there. The sites are close and tight and the manuevering is limited. Be careful.
Craig A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:04 PM   #3
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I f you go to that 90 min speal be prepared to say no before yopu go or you will say yes,, you can buy those things in the rv books for less than half of the 5th offer they give yoyu .. the 1st offer you want to buy but wait in 1 hour it will go to half , then in the am its only 1500.00 but in the rv mag you can buy it for 500.oo bucks but you can't always use it ,, its very tricky ..i have to look up twin creeks rv ,, i think we stayed there in the fall of 06 ,, ill look tomorrow as i am at a park in the fl keys and am in the lndry rm so i don't have my book here
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM   #4
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
Sailer, Thanks for the heads up on the sales pitch and prices. I am willing to listen as I don't know anything about Thousand Trails.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:41 AM   #5
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
David & Audra: There are going to be 4 units (Bill and Ann; Potvin: Carlson; and Glenn and Lorraine at Two Rivers Campground on the same Pkwy as the Opry is located. We will be there from the 24th - 29th May before we head over to the NE Rally in PA.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 05:36 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We spent six weeks at Twin Creek in Gatlinburg and highly recommend it. I understand one part of the park is for smaller rigs and would be tight for a Montana but we had plenty of room and most sites we saw would be fine. Our site had it's own patio area with fixed bench as well as table, etc. And wifi. We'd stay there again.

Twin Creek was recently listed by Trailer Life (I think that's who it was) as among the top ten rv parks in America. They won't take your mail so have it sent to General Delivery. The P.O. is next door, within walking distance if you choose.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 05:25 AM   #7
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Do you have room for me? I love Nashville, I wouldn't mind living near there (we are country couple dancers - Don is a wonderful waltzer) when we have to give up this good life. Judy
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Only been to Nashville once and stayed up at Goodletsville. No recommendation here because they were in the middle of a remodelling job. I do suggest taking the Grays tour. You will see and do things in one afternoon that would take two days to do on your own. Well worth the money.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #9
mustang92
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6132
Thanks for all the tips!