Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2007, 12:03 AM   #1
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Hey, fishermen and ladies.....National Fishing

We just signed up for Passport America and in our packet of information was a fishing petition. The petition is to submit to our congressmen regarding the fee for fishing licenses for seniors. So that we can all go from state to state and only use one license and one fee. Seems like this would be a great idea and most certainly cheaper for all of us. If you would like to fish in other states without the hassle and cost of purchasing yet another license look at this. You can download the petition at www.fishingpetition.org

Hope that I have violated any TOU and that this is in the correct forum. We just think this is a worthwhile undertaking and this is certainly the place to make others aware. Thanks.
Sandy

slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 05:05 AM   #2
SAndreasen
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1918
I agree! A national fishing license would be great. ( and cheaper too ) I like to take my grandsons fishing but sometimes the cost gets to much and with the kids fishing free this would really help me gather some memories with them.
SAndreasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I support a national license! While at Lake Havasu, I had to purchase an Arizona License, California License, and a Colorado River License. Regardless of cost, it was a ridiculous amount of paperwork to fill out.

I really worry about the chances of this happening though. It has been brought up several times and failed.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2007, 11:16 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
This free licensing petition has been around for more years than I can remember. The biggest problem is that each state controls the fishing licensing for their state and getting all the states to cooperate is a near impossibility. None of them want to give up that extra cash in their coffers. We were told point blank that getting a majority of US congressmen to override their states wishes and take money from that state just ain't gonna happen.
As you can tell by our Social Security system SENIORS opinions don't rank to high on the floor of congress.
When we had the motel and fishing camp in NY we tried numerous times to get it passed without success.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote