Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
Out with the factory sofa table.

My Montana 2955RL came with the little lamp table between the recliners and a sofa table. We like the lamp table but we found the sofa table a little big for the 2955RL.
In some of the larger models it is probably fine but we found a little oak table that is made to slide under your sofa and give you a nice place to keep your glass of wine close. It has a little magazine rack in the bottom and cost me 140 bucks. It opens up the living room and makes the Monty feel bigger. Now I have to find a place in the stick house for the big sofa table or sell it. Take care, Don.

Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:33 PM   #2
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Don & Donna..... sign up and come to the Spring Rally at Lake Siskiyou and bring the sofa table. I'll buy it.....
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
That sounds like a win/win situation to me. Come to the rally and we will show you our sofa table. I wish we could find someone to make them as it is perfect for RVing.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #4
rak
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5481
Ed,
Would you post a picture of that table you bought.
Dick
rak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:13 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
We thought the sofa table was to big in the 3400 so we did not order it with the unit.We will look for something a bit smaller what wrenchtraveller describes sounds ideal ..Where did you get it???
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:36 AM   #6
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
I got it a Dodds furniture in Victoria, BC. I will try to post a picture later when my son wakes up. He works late at Pizza Hut and knows a lot more about computers than his old man.

I would not have ordered the tables either but we found this unit and it had everything we wanted and a few more things we would not have ordered. The built in vacuum,I thought was overpriced but now that I have used it , I am impressed and the hose and attachments are top notch and a real pleasure to use. As you take off the panels that cover your furnace and hotwater tank, you may be surprized at the sawdust and debris left behind by the old world craftsmen.( I got that one from you, Rich ) and the built in Vacuum reaches everywhere and does a great job.

I would love to make the Spring Rally but it is not possible. We have an 8 week trip planned and two of those weeks I will be doing a couple of contract jobs. I still have 4 years to work because my pension is structured in a way that I take a big hit if I go now so I have to hang in there. Thanks for those kind invites and maybe next year.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:26 AM   #7
Kathi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3113
We got one at Camping world. When we are on the move, we just tip it upside down on the sofa. It never moves. We love it because we can pull it up and eat off it or use the computer etc. Great invention. The top has a hinge that allows you to pull just the top toward you.
Kathi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:05 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick
We didn't buy our table it was a gift and I've never seen one like it. It is round, has a top and a shelf, both come off and one is a lazy susan. There are three legs that are hinged vertically so they fold together. Those the whole unit can be stored for travel. It is made of wood - all pieces - no pressed wood. The legs have cross pieces that the shelves sit on. And it is on rollers. If someone could make them, I'll bet they would sell like hot cakes at places like RGV and Quartzsite.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 09:41 AM   #9
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
We found a nice wicker type basket 15" x 27" with a hinged lid and flat top. The color of the wicker is stained to match the oak in our cabinets. It has a sturdy wood frame inside to make it nice and strong and metal hinged handles on each end. It is the perfect height for a coffee table and we can store items inside. We did not get the factory table but moved this one from our 3295RK to our 3475RL when we traded. I think we bought it at Pier 1 at a very reasonable price. Works for us.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 10:52 AM   #10
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
Hi everyone,
Well, we did order the factory tables because with both slides closed in our 3670 the tables can fit standing up perfectly. They do not touch any of the cabinets or furniture, so I feel they were worth the price. And we really do use the checker board on the end table! Our friends who do not have as much room as we do (motorhome with a small slide) bought a nifty beautifully made fold up sofa table at an R.V. show. They ordered it to match their maple cabinets. It was made in Oregon and takes a month or so to get. It was a little pricey at 250 dollars.
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:58 PM   #11
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have the factory end table and lamp in my 3400RL between the recliners and use it frequently. Thanks to my mom while I was ordering my coach, she pointed out that great sofa table that is an option. That was one of her suggestions as a"must have" in my rv =) I must admit I am glad she suggested it, we use that table for everything and it matches the rest of the wood interior. I have even thought about ordering a second one to place infront of the recliners, but that might be over kill.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #12
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Our Montana was one that the dealer had on his lot and it came with the table in front of the sofa. I didn't want it so after we settled on the price I had him deduct the price of table also. Told him he could keep the table but he didn't want it either so he gave it back to us. As soon as we got the 5th wheel home, the table went in the basement of the stick house. Been there ever since---never used.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 06:59 PM   #13
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dennis,
To bad we are not closer to one another, I would more than happy to take that table off your hands. =)
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 PM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We got our sofa table at a used store. I gave $35 dollars for it. Took it home and refinished it. Stained it Golden Oak to match the wood work in our Monty. It also has a lift top for our laptops. It is solid oak too.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dusty,
Great looking table, and I sure like the price you gave for it.
Old 03-19-2006, 07:05 AM   #16
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
We have the small table with the magazine rack and the bottom piece that slides under the sofa. Got it at Camping World - I think it was around $50. Our 3255RL doesn't have room for a regular sofa table and this was a great alternative. We also saw a similar table in an Amish furniture store in Shippshewana, IN for around $80 and it had a small rack for remotes.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote