Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2005, 03:01 AM   #1
trukdoc
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2220
Send a message via MSN to trukdoc
OKC city for a weekend.

Nonnavigator is wanting to go to Oklahoma City for a long weekend. Problem is I cannot find a reason why. Seems there is a Cowboy Museum, a Zoo and not much else.
I am confident that if there is something to do out there someone here in MOC land will have a suggestion.
Happy Trails to all this Holiday oh forget that pollitically correct junk!!! Have a Merry Christmas season !!! ( I intentionally did not call it Xmas)
Rick

trukdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 03:43 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
We were just there and, if you go, you absolutely, positively MUST go to the Oklahoma City National Memorial. It is a beautiful and moving tribute to the victims and survivors of the Oklahoma City/Murrah Building bombing. We were only there overnight and didn't have time to experience the Museum, but we're definitely going back just for that.

The Visitors Center as you enter the state will have tons of stuff on what there is to do/see in OKC.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 04:34 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
As a retired FAA person OKC is one of my favorite places.The cowboy hall of Fame is a great place and the Murrah Building memorial is not to be missed. OKC is a beautiful city and it has resturants to die for.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 05:54 AM   #4
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
I also was going to tell you not to miss the Murrah Building Memorial. You will never be the same after seeing and the Museum is great too. If I remember correctly (CRS) there is also the National Firefighters museum which was really interesting too.
jpkelpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
You may recall pictures of the graffiti spray painted on a wall at the site of the bombing by the local firefighters (I think that's who it was). That graffiti is still there and is very sobering to view.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2005, 10:56 AM   #6
Go Pokes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1645
In addition to all the above suggestion, the Hornets NBA is in OKC for this season and also the Blazer hockey team. If you attend a game you can have dinner in Bricktown and ride the water taxis to BassPro Shop.
Go Pokes is offline   Reply With Quote