Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM   #1
grabdawg

M.O.C. #11721
"Slam door" problem

Well, as a newbie I wondered how long it would take to have the first problem with our new 3625RE. The slam door on the right side pulled the hydraulic arm and fastener plate on the left side right off the door the other day when opening. Just pulled all the screws right out, with the plate and screws falling on the ground.

Has anyone else had or seen this problem? The dealer said that the factory would probably send a larger plate to mount on the door so that the arm can be reattached, rather than replacing the entire door assembly.

What do you think?

grabdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
mainer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10761
Quite a few of us have had this problem with the newer Montana's. It happened to us just a few days after we bought ours.

We had ours fixed at Goshen and they put in different hydraulic arms on all of the basement doors. It seems that Keystone originally had 80 lb. arms and they were too strong. They put 60 lb. hydraulic arms on ours and we have been okay since then.
mainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
CATCRAW
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11243
It happened to us on our new 2011 right in the dealers parking lot. We had the 80lb arms and they changed them to 60's and replaced all the screws (on both doors) with rivets and a metal plate. No problems after the fix. And we can easily open and close the doors without it being a major workout.
CATCRAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:58 PM   #4
sola123
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10136
we had the same problems on our right door as well...we adjusted the mounting point on the door up about 1/2 inch..solved the problem...we have 80 lbs cylinders as well.. I even put a pair on the front basement door...was worth every penny...good luck repairing yours...
sola123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
drsmart
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #10690
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sola123

we had the same problems on our right door as well...we adjusted the mounting point on the door up about 1/2 inch..solved the problem...we have 80 lbs cylinders as well.. I even put a pair on the front basement door...was worth every penny...good luck repairing yours...
Stan and Emmy. That's a great idea for the front basement door. I'll look into getting a set of arms.
drsmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 07:19 PM   #6
tanner1070
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11365
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by drsmart

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sola123

Stan and Emmy. That's a great idea for the front basement door. I'll look into getting a set of arms.
Haven't had a problem with our basement pneumatic arms yet. But, this summer we did purchase a set for the front generator basement door at the Redmond RV rally from Hatchlift. Really well thought out installation process. If my Montana installed arms fail in the future, I will adopt the Hatchlift method to repair them. Anyways, if you your interested in the hatchlift arms, the hatchlift website is http://www.hatchlift.com/

tanner1070 is offline   Reply With Quote