Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2002, 02:31 AM   #1
Montana_70
Montana Master

M.O.C. #70
2880RL some changes...

First let me say I really appreciate having this topic. Some of you have some very creative ideas and and have presented ideas I would like to try myself.

I live full time in my Montana so making every inch count is a fun challenge. I have the "Desert Sunset" color scheme.

These are some of the "improvements" I have made so far.

1. When I sold out I kept my high quality pillow top mattres. It's a double. So I cut the extra overhang of the wood platform it rests on, as it was sized for queen, and gained 8 inches in the bedroom area. I got rid of the factory bedding and curtains. Bought new "luxrious" bedding in taupes and pale blues. Sleep like a dream and really changed the look of the room. Expecially until I can decide on new window treatments and color for the walls. I kept the taupe/tan day/night shades.

2. Customized the BR TV cabinet to accommodate my Sony Flat screen 13 inch. It was too deep for the cabinet. Then I added a shelf above the TV for the SAT reciever, and a shelf below for the VCR. Each shelf has a lip to hold the equipment in while going down the road. The result is no elctronics sitting on the dresser.

2. I sold one of the recliners by the back window and put a nice computer table (with flip down keyboard tray) on the side closest to the TV. To put the slides in, all I have to do is push my chair under the table and turn the one recliner around and strap my iMac to it's seat.

3. I sold two of the chairs at the free standing table. I never could envision 3 or 4 people sitting at the table. The two chairs give me much more room around the table and opens up the space. I will enventually replace the table but haven't found the "one" yet.

4. I put a nice area rug in front of the Jacknife and set an antique flat top truck in front of it. Strorage and nice homey look. The trunk slides between the sofa and table while traveling with the both chairs for the table moved to one side.

5. Hung an under counter toaster oven (black) under the island cabinet and next to it the under the counter spice shelf (painted black) next to it. I keep all my spices in small slip tins and the fit perfectly in the rack and I have very easy access to them. I do have to figure out something to do with the area in back of the oven, as it does not look too good when you walk in the door. But I will figure something out. By the way, I like the "lazy susan" under the sink. I thought when I first bought Miss Montana that would be first thing I would get rid of, but started using it and really like it.

5. I put one othose little 3 drawner plastic bins in one the "tall" cabinets between the dresser and water closet. It holds light bulbs and light weight hardware, like hooks, and small bungee cords and extra hooks for laundry day. I also cut a small piece of wood that lays across the top to my shower for hanging clothes on laundry day. The skylight is a great solar dryer.

That's all I can think of right now. My current project is the water closet. I have taken off the "grape" border and am currently working on getting the "glued" mirror off the wall. I have big plans for this "room". If I can ever get this mirror off the wall. [ ]

Oh yeah, one of my next projects is to get rid of this peice of junk RCA stero system. I'm thinking of replacing it with a auto stereo system. Something like the Infiinity system I have in LadyRam. Anyone else replaced the stereo yet?

Life is good....bj

bj

2002 2880RL (Miss Montana( towed by 2001 Dodge diesel 3500 (LadyRam)

Montana_70 is offline   Reply With Quote