Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
RV Salvage Yard In Northern California Area

Our Montana is getting close to being 10 years old and it's needing a little TLC. While researching for a couple of RV parts that aren't made anymore, a friend told me about "George The RV Doctor" in nearby Sacramento. George bills himself as "Northern California Largest RV Used Parts Center". He has an RV salvage yard/warehouse and he also does all sorts of RV repairs.
His website is pretty interesting, if you look at it be sure to click on all his tabs and look at the parts he has. We are looking for a part for our awning that A&E doesn't make anymore and I am hoping he has it. Anyone want me to look for a hard-to-find-part for them while I'm there?

RV Doctor George
http://www.rvdoctorgeorge.com

Another place we ran across online that we hadn't heard of before (but probably some others have?) is Icon Direct. They seem to have a lot of RV parts including fender skirts for Keystone RVs and many other items that they say are better quality than buying from the RV manufacturer. They also say if they don't have the part, they'll make a new one for you.
Has anyone ever dealt with them before?

http://www.icondirect.com

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:39 AM   #2
Captain Joe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10764
Here is another great source....sooo many parts and used units.

http://www.colawrvsalvage.com/
Captain Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Doug and Margee-- Check out this sight for RV salvage places:

http://www.marxrv.com/rvsalvage.htm

I've gone into Google search and found other sites also. Check that out also.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:12 AM   #4
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks Rondo & Captain Joe

The ones you posted are a great resource for all of us. It's nice to know there's other options out there. I appreciate it.
We are going to try and get over to RV Doctor George today and look for the parts we need. If he turns out to be a good contact, we'll post it here for others in the area.

Old 01-29-2011, 06:18 AM   #5
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
You guys are not funny!!!!!!!!!!! Do you realize what your doing to BINGO and OZZ. The DW's will have them medicated.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:54 AM   #6
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Ha ha ha PineRanch.

We did go on over to RV Doctor George yesterday and checked-out his facility. Lots and lots of parts, windows, doors, hitches..... whatever you are looking for. Downside of it is that lots of it is stored outside in the weather. There is some indoor storage but we never made it inside to look around as they were pretty busy.

Since we have just replaced our awning fabric, we were looking to add on a "weather-shield" that the awning rolls up in and keeps it protected from sun (and tree limbs that get in the way). George told us a weather-shield can't be added to an existing RV awning if it didn't originally come with one. He said we'd need to buy a whole new awning assembly. That's pretty much what CampingWorld said also but I thought they were trying to get $1200 out of us.

I think I remember seeing some DIY ones somewhere on the internet to check-out so we'll go down that road and see what we come up with.

Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
firetrucker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2165
Margee,

Where'd you get your awning fabric?

Bob
firetrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #8
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Firetrucker... Bob, I ordered it at CampingWorld. There are having an online "pay only $5 shipping on anything over $99" sale which was about $75 cheaper than if I walked in and ordered it at their parts counter.
Doug doesn't have time to do it and I wasn't sure I could do it by myself so I bit the bullet and paid CampingWorld.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:07 AM   #9
The Oldguard
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2625
Bob, fabric & installation is $350.00 at the "Q"
The Oldguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:39 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Great resources...thanks posters.