Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-02-2007, 01:57 AM   #1
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
Florida Tornados

Waking up this morning with the news of the devastating tornados in Central Florida. Unbelievable damage. Looking at the video reminds me of the tornado that went through Plainfield, Illinois in 1990. Total and unbelievable destruction and devastation. We are praying for those who have lost everything.

gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM   #2
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Hope all is well up there with all our Montana families.I know we had alot in the Orlando and Lake Co areas. Lady Lake was also hit pretty hard. We're praying for you all.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 02:14 AM   #3
steves
Montana Master

M.O.C. #185
We are in Umatilla and had strong winds and 2-3 inches of rain but the tornado missed us. Lady Lake got hit hard and several
Mobil Homes Parks were wiped out with 2 deaths reported. Also, DeLand had a lot of damage (they got hit at Christmas time too). There is still a lot of damage assessment going on as I write this. I had heard "The Villages" a popular retirement village had up to 500 homes damaged.
steves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:02 AM   #4
Montana_1953
Established Member

M.O.C. #1953
While I am in New York state
My camper is in Winter Park
will have to check on the storage area to see how bad it was there.
Camping there in four weeks
Montana_1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:12 AM   #5
Old GI
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4308
We are in Palm Bay, South Brevard County. It's going through now, looks like Barefoot Bay will take some hits. Any folks out in Longpoint Park will have some tough weather. God Bless all......Pete
Old GI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:14 AM   #6
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Thats to bad, now they are talking at least 14 ppl died and the storms are still hitting the ground around IR county.I guess we better pay attn down here this afternoon.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #7
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Dick called me this a while ago to alert me to this. Both of our parents are down there. My sister got a hold of my parents and they are OK. My Dad is going to drive to where Dick's parents are to check on them.

There is a massive amount of destruction. A community center and homes in my parents neighborhood were hit. Watching it on CNN and the devastation shown is amazing and those tornadoes are still going across the state.

Our prayers are with everyone down there.

I hope our MOC family that are down there pops in on this thread and lets us know they are OK.

Patty
RC and Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:48 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Our prayers go out to all the victims and their families. We also saw the devastation in Plainfield, IL and hate to think of how the lives of these people in Florida are changed by this tragedy.

Patty, we pray that Dick's parents are okay and are glad to hear the good report on yours.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 03:57 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Really bad damage. Semis overturned on I-4 have shut this Interstate down. Now open one lane each way, but law enforcement asking people not to travel. Many power outages have knocked out the traffic signals, making driving extremely hazardous.

Governor just finished news conference and he is now heading down to survey the damage. Some hospitals are running flashes across the bottom of the TV screen to avoid them as they are now full.

Tornadoes went north and south of us here near Disney. Think we are done now, though.

Rescue workers apparently are doing the New Orleans type of search... if they find a body, they are marking homes with an "X".

We are praying for the victims and their families.

*On Edit~ Weather forecasters have estimated a single supercell that produced an F3-F4 tornado that did most of the damage. Official tornado designation must wait for NWS people to actually get to the damaged area and come up with their "official" assessment.

Many mobile home parks damaged/destroyed (one trailer has completely disapeared), but no word on any RV parks hit.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:26 AM   #10
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
strange weather lately.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:35 AM   #11
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
God has been good to us again. We are twenty miles north of all the damage at The Villages. Are hearts are heavy for all of the victims and families. This is one of our favorite places in Florida ane we go their at least once a week just to people watch.

What damage we got here is very minimal. Just buckets of rain and wind that washed all the sand from our yard into the street. It is a mess because we are in the middle of a lot of landscaping our new lot. We count our blessings.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #12
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Thanks, guys, for checking in. We were definitely concerned about you.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 04:49 AM   #13
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Send a message via AIM to RC and Samantha Send a message via Yahoo to RC and Samantha
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jrgwdenner

Our prayers go out to all the victims and their families. We also saw the devastation in Plainfield, IL and hate to think of how the lives of these people in Florida are changed by this tragedy.

Patty, we pray that Dick's parents are okay and are glad to hear the good report on yours.
Thanks Judy. My sister Sue called as she was able to speak to my parents and Dick's parents are OK too. PTL, we are so grateful.

Watching CNN still and it's overwhelming.

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by adelmoll

God has been good to us again. We are twenty miles north of all the damage at The Villages. Are hearts are heavy for all of the victims and families. This is one of our favorite places in Florida ane we go their at least once a week just to people watch.

What damage we got here is very minimal. Just buckets of rain and wind that washed all the sand from our yard into the street. It is a mess because we are in the middle of a lot of landscaping our new lot. We count our blessings.

Helen
Helen so glad to read that you two are OK and damage was minimal. The Villages are really amazing aren't they? So much fun stuff to do. I love going down there.

They are saying it was a F3 or F4 tornado. Our prayers continue to be with all affected.

Patty
Old 02-02-2007, 04:56 AM   #14
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Yes, I seen the destruction that Plainfield, IL received. My thoughts and prayers are with the families in Florida.
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:09 AM   #15
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Rob Cooley, long time MOC member lives in Lady Lake. Sure hope he come through ok.

lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:25 AM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
A pastor of a church in Lady Lake said his church had been certified to withstand 150 mph winds. It was totally leveled... BAD tornado.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:42 AM   #17
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Does anyone know if Zephyrhills and/or Jacksonville were hit? I have family in both places. Please, would you let me know if you know anything about these areas?

My heart and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected. I just heard of this.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #18
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by lightningjack11

Rob Cooley, long time MOC member lives in Lady Lake. Sure hope he come through ok.

Tom I tried to call Rob & Julia but you can't get through. I'll keep trying throughout the day and post if I get through.

I have spent the better part of December and half of January down there with my parents and am pretty familiar with the area. From photos and reports I believe the area that Rob & Julia live in was spared, but of course I can't be sure. It did go to Lake Griffin which they live near but it's a really huge lake.

Still I think we could all say an extra prayer for our old friends, Rob & Julia.

Patty
Old 02-02-2007, 05:48 AM   #19
RC and Samantha
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Wannabe Full-timer

Does anyone know if Zephyrhills and/or Jacksonville were hit? I have family in both places. Please, would you let me know if you know anything about these areas?

My heart and prayers go out to everyone that has been affected. I just heard of this.
Jacksonville was not involved but I have no idea on Zephyrhills. It has not been mentioned on the news, so that's probably a good sign.

Patty
Old 02-02-2007, 05:54 AM   #20
pattipetal

M.O.C. #5130
Helen and Bill,

So very glad to hear you both are okay. Was worrying about you! And am so very sorry for all of those not as fortunate as you. My thoughts and prayers are with them all.

Patti Ivey
pattipetal is offline   Reply With Quote