Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2006, 12:49 PM   #1
pep1977
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5248
pullrite hitch with a morryde pin box

Hey all,
Have a 2005 montana and am wanting to put the morryde pin box on it. my question is i have the pullrite superglide and as most of you know it requires a special plate on the pin box. will the plate mount to the morryde pin box. i recently had my trailer in the shop for some additions and the service attendant failed to notice the superglide plate on the pin box and proceeded to shred it with a standard hitch. so they replaced it with a new plate that does not bolt directly to the pin like the older plates. instead this has the hole for the kingpin and about 3/4 inch of steel around the edge with some set bolts the go through and above the pin box lip so it does not go any where. not sure if this setup will work with the morryde. thanks for all the information.

pep1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 01:05 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I have seen the new plate for the Superglide and it looks like it is just what the doctor ordered for those of us that have the Superglide and are concerned about someone without the Superglide towing our rig. Back off the set screws and it comes right off.

In answer to your question it would all depend on the dimensions of the MorRyde plate versus the plate you currently have on your Monty. My suggestion would be to call PullRite at 574-259-1520 · Toll Free 877-PULLRITE and get the words from the horses mouth and not rely on hearsay. You may or may not have to buy a new plate for the MorRyde.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I saw a fella in my rv park this spring that ran the Superglide and had the Trail Air kingpin on his Cedar Creek Daydreamer. Did not get that close of a look, but I know it can be done.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote