Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2018 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 10:39 PM   #1
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Raffle prizes for the 2018 fall rally

Thanks to Ron and Terrie, this years Wagon Masters for the Fall Rally, for trusting me with the job of Raffle and Door Prize Coordinator again this year.

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO BEGIN ROUNDING UP PRIZES TO FILL "THE TABLE" FOR THE RAFFLE AND DOOR PRIZES! "THE TABLE" is the unofficial title for the Raffle table/s we have at the Fall Rally.

For those that have been to the Fall Rally before, you all know what's going on here. For those that are attending the Fall Rally for the first time, the Raffle and Door Prizes are all acquired by the attendees from your local RV Dealers, the large hardware stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, Ace Hardware and others), banks and credit unions, Camping Worlds or TSC(Tractor Supply) just to name a few that might have something to give you to put on the Raffle/Door Prize Tables.

These prizes rounded up by you, the attendees, are raffled off to the attendees via drawings throughout the Rally. There will be ticket sales to be able to claim some of these prizes and other events to be able to bid on some of the prizes also. These ticket sales and the other events help to pay for the Rally because the $75 that you pay as registration fee does not cover the costs of the Rally. Any extra money raised beyond the cost of the Rally normally goes to specific charities decided upon by the Wagon Masters.

Once you have received an item or items, you'll be bringing for "THE TABLE" please post here. We'll be accepting them the day of registration so bring them in when you come to “THE BIG TENT” to check in at the Rally.

Also once you acquire an item/items from your RV Dealer or any other business or individual, please do your best to get a business card for each item donated from them and tape the card to the gift, so we can recognize them at the Rally for their contribution.

YOU can even donate something NEW to the cause yourself or something you have made.

Our goal is to get enough prizes to be able to have multiple drawings at all of the large gatherings or events in “THE BIG TENT”. These events will be announced in a month or so after the Wagon Masters and Asst. Wagon Masters have met with Keystone to set up the agenda and schedule for the Rally.

LETS GET OUT THERE AND HELP SUPPORT THE 15TH ANNUAL MOC FALL RALLY!!

Old 06-13-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Do you realize you only have 4 Days until the opening of this years 15th Anniversary MOC Fall Rally?

That means you only have 3 Days to round up those prizes from your dealer and anyone you can think of that might give a gift for "THE TABLE" and the Raffle/ Daily Drawings! This can also be handmade/homemade gifts that you yourself might make and donate!

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Get out there and round up those prizes and gifts!

Read the post just above this one and this explains "THE TABLE" and why and what we are doing here.

IF you have any questions concerning the gifts or prizes, please PM me and I'll answer or explain what this is all about.

Are you still sitting there reading this post? WHY? Get out there and round up those prizes!
Old 08-05-2018, 11:46 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bumpidy, Bump, Bump, Bump this posting for Raffle and Door Prizes! See the TWO posts above this one to see what it is all about!
Old 08-06-2018, 05:03 AM   #4
The Old Fogies
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8908
I've asked a couple of stores about donating. The reply I get is to summit a request on the group's letterhead. Any suggestions.

Old 08-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bobby, I just tell them when they ask me to submit a request on a letterhead that this is a camping club and not an organization that has a tax number or anything like that. I have copied the Montana Owners Club logo for companies like Cabela's and etc and typed out a request letter. I have had good luck with that but most companies are happy to give you something when you tell them they will get free advertising by donating something and giving us a business card so we can recognize them at the Rally. Keep trying and you'll get businesses to donate things. Thanks for going out and I hope you have luck finding us some items for "The Table"!
Old 08-07-2018, 06:53 AM   #6
jpkelpe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2780
We will be bringing goodies from our dealer, Leach
Camper Sales.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:52 PM   #7
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks Jan and Paul and to Leach Camper in Council Bluffs, IA. They are the best! They always come through to give us some really great prizes for "The Table"! Hopefully, the rest of the Fall Rally Attendees are out checking with their dealers and other businesses to give us some really full tables this year for the Raffles!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:41 PM   #8
Beverly
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21957
Do we just bring the raffle prize to the rally or do we need to let you know what it is prior to the rally??
Old 08-09-2018, 04:04 PM   #9
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Yes Bev, just bring them along with you to the Rally and when you check in at Registration in the Big Tent bring them along and we will take them there and put them on "The Table" along with other items that have been brought in by Attendees. Thanks for rounding up some prizes and helping to support the 2018 MOC Fall Rally!
Old 08-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #10
Beverly
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Yes Bev, just bring them along with you to the Rally and when you check in at Registration in the Big Tent bring them along and we will take them there and put them on "The Table" along with other items that have been brought in by Attendees. Thanks for rounding up some prizes and helping to support the 2018 MOC Fall Rally!
Thank you for the reply... will do
Old 08-12-2018, 02:47 PM   #11
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Well the Fall Rally is just around the corner with just over a month until the official start.

I'm bringing up the idea of rounding up Raffle and Door Prizes for "THE TABLE" again just to remind you this is an important part of the Fall Rally. The money made off of the Raffle ticket sales and other activities where these prizes are offered to you as Attendees actually pays for a good portion of the Rally and the items and supplies needed for it.

If you haven't gone out to round up some prizes from your dealer or any other business that might want their name putout for supporting our Rally, please do so and bring them to the Rally with you. We even accept homemade items if you are handy or crafty and want to donate something like that please do so. We've even had some folks bring bottles of wine and liquor from their regions. We also accept gift certificates.

Check our first post in this thread on some places to find these prizes.

When you arrive and get set up in your site come on up to the Big Tent for Registration and bring your prizes you have rounded up with you and we will accept them there and put them on "The Table" for display.
Old 08-20-2018, 01:30 PM   #12
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Bumpity! BUMP!
Old 08-23-2018, 07:04 PM   #13
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Rondo,
I will be picking up some items Tuesday, 28 Aug
Old 08-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #14
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Thanks George! You and Rosetta always come through for us!
Old 08-27-2018, 11:46 PM   #15
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
3 Day Notice! You have less than a week to pick up those Raffle prizes for "The Table" at the Fall Rally!
Old 09-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #16
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
--BUMP-- Do I need to keep posting these or have you gone out and rounded up those gifts for "The Table" at the Rally?
Old 09-07-2018, 01:48 PM   #17
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Here's another BUMP to bring this post to the current postings for the Rally! If you haven't hit up your dealer, your bank, Tractor Supply, the local Hardware stores or anyone you might think will give you a prize or two for "THE RAFFLE TABLE" at this year's Fall Rally get out there and gather those prizes! See you in less than a week in Goshen!

P.S. If you get some prizes for "The Table" just bring them to the BIG TENT when you register 10-2 on the 19th and I'll be happy to take them off your hands and put them on "The Table".

Thanks in advance for rounding up prizes that help to pay for this upcoming Fall Rally!
Old 09-08-2018, 09:26 PM   #18
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Just to let you know, I went to Home Depot today to purchase something for myself and just happened to talk to the Manager at the store I was at and she gave me a $25 gift certificate to purchase any items I wanted from their inventory. It wasn't much but I did get several smaller items for the drawings which will take place at all of the larger gatherings and also the final night to clear "The Table". See so YOU CAN hit up the businesses for prizes even if you think they do not offer any "camping" items. There's always small items that we can give away so we have more winners. I'll post a list of the sessions we will be selling tickets at and drawing for prizes from "The Table" so you make sure you are there for the drawings!
Old 09-13-2018, 10:17 PM   #19
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
One last bump to remind you to round up prizes for "The Table" at the rally!
Closed Thread