Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2006, 03:20 AM   #1
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Flat tv in Bedroom

We decided to install an LCD tv in the bedroom between the two upper cabinet doors. We looked and looked and finally found a flat tv that was only 14 and 1/2 inches wide and is a 15in screen. Now I'm in the process of mounting this tv permantly and will put a door on the open cabinet where the present tv is. We will post some pics when this latest improvement is finished. I did get the panels knocked out under the fridge and oven and have hindged doors on them until the cabinet maker gets the drawers done. I just don't know how I got things done before I retired two years ago, it seems like I don't have enough time now!

Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:24 AM   #2
RonS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1316
I will be waiting for your pictures, Also please list the brand etc of your new flat TV. Will you be also taking pictures of your other improvements, if so GREAT..
RonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:50 AM   #3
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Lack of time is the big problem when your week become six Saturdays and one Sunday...there are no "work days" available, so nothing gets done!!!
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:44 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am looking forward to your finished pictures. Have been thinking about doing the same thing in my bedroom as well.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
Our bedroom TV went out and we bought a 15" LCD and set it on the dresser cabinet. We put a mirror over the cutout and use the back of it for clothes storage. Very cool!!!
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We saw the small flat screen TVs that come with a DVD player built-in. Interesting..... DCP, how do you secure your TV on the dresser cabinet and what do you do with it when you're traveling?
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Was that still a 15" screen, Judy, do you know?
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 04:29 PM   #8
DCP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1013
Send a message via AIM to DCP Send a message via MSN to DCP
jrgwdenner: I mounted it with some clamps from Lowes. I actually screwed it down to the dresser.
DCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:29 AM   #9
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I can't wait to see the pic's also. I was wondering, does anyone have a VCR/DVD player in their bedroom and if so, where do you have it. I will be getting a new 3400 and that has been sitting in the back of my mind. I was thinking about on the closet shelf out of the way but hate to use that space. Any ideas?
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rick,
Oh wait I had to stop myself there. I have my dvd/vcr in the second cabinet below the tv, but you are getting a new 06' model and they have changed the bedroom dresser/tv layout. I think that you would have to put it on the closet shelf, or in the dresser drawer and run the cables up to the tv. I am not a big fan of the change Keystone made in the bedroom, maybe they will change it back by the time I get around to ordering a new coach.
Old 05-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Dave, I think the measurements were still around 14" x 17", but can't tell you specifically. They looked like they were too large (wide) for the opening that we have but if you put it on the dresser, it would be a good size.

Montana Sky, I agree about the changes in the newer bedrooms. I hope they change it back and make better use of the space. It will have to be different before we consider purchasing one with the present design.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #12
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Oh, sure! Now you guys tell me. I thought I had ordered the "perfect" Montana. Now I find I have an "imperfect" closet. Oh, well I can adjust... =)
Old 05-10-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
We found an LCD tv for the 3295RK we had before the Cambridge. I found it necessary to add a good bit of tilt to get a good picture when lying in bed. Many Flat Screen TV's have a fairly limited viewing angel in the pitch axis. Be sure to check it out before the cabinet is forged in stone.
Dave
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 04:50 PM   #14
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
Since you did not have "my style" bedroom - you wont know what you are missing. =)
Old 05-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #15
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
I agree, I don't like the "new" bedroom either. I'm glad we have the old style. We've been watching the prices on the LCDs. We still have a little 13" in the bedroom. Was going to get a larger one but decided to wait on the LCDs to come down.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
You're right, Dave (Montana Sky) - You don't know what you don't know. But now I know, so now I do know what I didn't know. But I really still don't know since I have never had any experience with this old closet... so now I'm back to the point where I actually still don't know what I don't know... Know what I mean - now?

Good point Dave (Dave e Victoria). If you really want to check that out, go to a Walmart, etc with a large electronics section and go along their display of LCDs and look at them from a low angle. Big differences in those sets on angle (horizontal) viewability (Is that a word, Sue? I'm getting ready to "add" it to my custom spell check dictionary...) as Dave mentioned.
Old 05-10-2006, 05:30 PM   #17
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Dave,
I have no idea, you know? LOL! I do have some ideas for a larger tv and stereo system in the bedroom, although this is going to have to wait until I am back working. I am not sure how much longer I can afford to stay retired... =)
Old 05-11-2006, 05:41 AM   #18
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ok, the LCD tv is now in place and works!!!!! I layed on the bed and the tv looks great. It is a Magnavox 15" LCD and fits perfectly between the cabinet doors. When I knocked out the little panel I had to pull out the staples too. I used 3/4" plywood cut to almost exact size to fit between the door catches. You need to use 1" by 3/4" wood strips to run the mounting screws thru for strength.I then drilled two 3/4" holes to run the cable and power thru and set the tv in place. This job was easier than I expected it to be and really looks great, just a little pride there!By the way, I purchased the tv and mounting bracket from Wal-Mart, tv $248, bracket was $40. Am now having a new cabinet door made for the previous tv cabinet. Sorry, I haven't figured out how to post the pictures.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:51 AM   #19
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Steve, do you have a model number on that tv. I read you to say that you are planning on eventually replacing the original door of the 13" TV, that you just put the 15" LCD in?
Old 05-11-2006, 06:37 AM   #20
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dave the word is viewable but viewability sounds good. Reminded me of a job interview I was in once. One panel member asked me if my department had fluidity. I had never heard of the word and I was a straight A English student in high school and college. Decided the root word was fluid and she meant how did the paperwork flow (business office for school district). So I said we strive for fluidity! Got the job.
Happy trails.........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote