Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2006, 10:11 PM   #21
bobgay
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5072
It's a real easy question for us, since we have just spent the third night of our first outing in our first Monty -- a "shakedown cruise" in a state park 15 miles from home. We are in a beautiful spot overlooking the inlet the nuclear submarines use to get into and out of the Kings Bay sub base in St. Marys, GA. It's been a wonderful 3 days and we are happy as can be with the Monty. You guys really make our mouths water talking about going to Alaska --hopefully, this summer.
Bob

bobgay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 02:57 AM   #22
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
My best day is waking up every morning and going to bed every night in our Monty.

Love this fulltiming.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:13 AM   #23
Northstar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1757
There are just so many wonderful things going on when you have a magic carpet to travel cross country in. However, in a very few short months our Monty will be paid for and when we receive our title that will be one happy day.
Northstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 AM   #24
315RLS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1900
For us, a week last year at Prince Edward Island with 5 of our Golden Retrievers.
315RLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #25
Fordzilla
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2819
Send a message via MSN to Fordzilla
We really enjoyed bringing the new Monty home and parking it in front of the house while we loaded it up with stuff. Seems like everyone in town knew we got a new trailer within minutes and had to drive up and go for a tour. I am really looking forward to the day we can pull out of the driveway and never look back. Only 17 more years to go.
Fordzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 02:22 AM   #26
Illini Trekker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2733
Nothing like the day you pull off the dealers lot after two years of planning, going to show, reading the web, visiting dealers, and you can look back and see all the fun you'll be having in your future!! See-Ya
Illini Trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:29 AM   #27
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
We have had so many enjoyable experiences in our almost three years of fulltiming I don't think I could pick out just one best one. Maybe it's the times we've had our granddaughters with us. Or maybe it was one of the many places we've been fortunate to experience. It definitely was not when our pipes were frozen and we had to trek to the showerhouse in the middle of the night in 12 inches of snow and minus two degrees! So maybe when we got the toilet working and water flowing again would qualify!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #28
scrowba
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2570
Almost every weekend in the summer when I get to go to our seasonal campsite, no phone - just the crackberry.
scrowba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #29
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
I would have to say every day is the bestest day in the Montana....when we are in it we are away from work and that has to be the greatest!! LOL Now when we are able to retire ...that might be the day with most rememberance in the Montana!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:07 PM   #30
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
It's so hard to pick the best. Well, I'll go for a couple at least.

Summer before last, all our kids met us in the Outer Banksof north Carolina. The kids are scattered and its hard to be all together. We had a wonderful time cooking out, playing on the beach, deep sea fishing, crabbing and playing in the pools. Camping is pretty hard to beat for family fun.

We've had the opportunity to be campground hosts for a couple of summers and really enjoyed meeting all the new people and staying in a campground for weeks at a time. We almost always have one of our grandchildren with us and its great to experience the world through their eyes.

Another fulfilling time was in the aftermath of Katrina. I spent almost a month serving as base camp for volunteers from our church that distributed relief items, repaired roofs and did cleanup. We also setup a tripod Direcway Satellite system with several laptops that the locals used to communicate to FEMA, The Red Cross and family members. I was preparing three meals a day for as many as 15 people out of that little kitchen. It was hard work, but very rewarding. Debbie and I can't wait until we are able to respond to disasters at any time when we are fulltimers.

We look forward to many more exciting adventures in the years ahead.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:29 PM   #31
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Lamar, your disaster help has got to be a rewarding experience. It's a wonderful way to make good use of your time in the Monty.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:05 PM   #32
rldriver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2801
One of the best things about being a Montana owner is being part of this forum and all the great people that spend so much time here.

Thanks to all for your continues postings of information. Keep up the good work, I for one am thrilled with our 2980RL Montana that is now one year old.

Dick Driver
driver@vib.tv
rldriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 12:45 AM   #33
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
I have to agree, Dick. Being part of the forum is great and meeting the people who contribute is even better.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:49 AM   #34
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Dick
It is so good to hear good things! We need more of them! We love our also.
Happy trails..................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:56 AM   #35
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
I have to say that the best day in the Montana—other than the obvious any days—would have to be one of those rainy days. In the Montana, those days just really do not have an adverse effect other than not being able to be outside as living inside just is not an inconvenience!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote