Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2011, 08:54 AM   #1
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
Have new graphics, Now what?

A few weeks ago I contacted Michelle Diaz at Keystone regarding our peeling graphics. She requested photos which I provided. She responded and said Keystone would provide new graphics and ask which I felt we need. I told her the entire drivers side was falling off and the other side was starting to curl which was a concern. I was about ready to contact her again when a large box arrive. Upon opening it, there appears to possibly be an entire set of graphics, no note nor directions. I am fairly handy, but have no idea where to start or how to replace them. Others have said they had professional help. I assume this would not be the service department at a dealer. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Dennis and Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:21 AM   #2
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Dennis & Carol,
When we had our Mountaineer TT we had the front graphics replaced. I was going to take it to the local dealer to have it done, but the service adviser advised against it. Instead he recommended a regular sign shop that does signs for vehicles. I took it there and they removed the old ones and put the new ones on. They did a great job and I did not have the hassle of doing the work myself.

Jack
Old 11-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #3
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Glad you got your replacements. You must have just gotten in under the wire, because several of us on the forum have tried without success to get them replaced. Congrats!
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
I would give them another shot. I sent the first e-mail with photos on 10/18. I remember your post on MOC that they rejected you, just don't remember the date. In looking for instillation direction, I went to the Burlington website and they no longer sell replacement graphics. Very interesting!!!!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #5
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
My graphics were shipped directly from Keystone.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:43 PM   #6
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
If you don't think you're up to it ... having a sign shop or automotive graphics installer is by far the way to go. Most dealers shop personel just don't have the expertise. You can save some money and remove and replace yourself, but it is rather labor intensive. Several of us have done our own ... several have paid to have it done. Here's one of many posts relating to decal installation. Read thru it as there are many tips.
http://www.montanaowners.com/forums/...Terms=graphics
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
kramperD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8078
It's a lottttttttttttt of hard work if you do it yourself! The Boss and I just replaced the front and front half of road side late summer; whew, what a mess but saved a lot of dough doing it ourselves! As others have said in past postings, we followed their directions, and things turned out very nice. Although at first we used a heat gun, I decided to switch over to one of those Ron-Co like clothes steamer's that we've had laying around for several years. What a difference it made, and the old decals peeled right off very easily with little residue. The light shading left from the original decals was perfect for matching up the new ones. But like someone had posted earlier, it's also so much easier to place the new decals on when it's hot, no wind, and you've cut/trimmed around each piece. Good luck and if I can be of any other help, please pm me. D
Old 11-14-2011, 03:40 AM   #8
8e3k0
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9261
We had the Dealer here in Edmonton replace all of ours. They have one staff and that is all he does is replace graphics!! They are a large Dealer and sell Keystone products. When our Monty graphics were completed it looked nice. In other words he does excellent work!
8e3k0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
FWIW, I just had an exchange of emails with Michelle Diaz at Keystone, and was refused again. So... Congrats again, looks like you got in at the right phase of the moon, or whatever it takes.

best,
Gene
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:25 AM   #10
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by jackel1959

Dennis & Carol,
When we had our Mountaineer TT we had the front graphics replaced. I was going to take it to the local dealer to have it done, but the service adviser advised against it. Instead he recommended a regular sign shop that does signs for vehicles. I took it there and they removed the old ones and put the new ones on. They did a great job and I did not have the hassle of doing the work myself.

Jack
Jack, how much did the "sign shop" folks charge for the job?
Michael
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #11
jackel1959
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2471
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

Quote:

Dennis & Carol,

Jack
Michael
Michael,
It was just under $300. That was in 2008 and was removal and installation of the front graphics.

Jack
Old 11-14-2011, 02:30 PM   #12
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
I am looking for a shop or someone with experience in Central California to replace my Graphics at a fair price. Anybody have a name and contact information please PM me Thanks
ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:41 AM   #13
Dennis and Carol
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #53
We are presently in Santa Clarita, CA and are also looking for a good installer.
Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 AM   #14
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Quote:

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CamillaMichael

Quote:

Dennis & Carol,

Jack
Michael
Michael,
It was just under $300. That was in 2008 and was removal and installation of the front graphics.

Jack
Thanks, Jack.
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 02:12 PM   #15
scductman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7270
I replaced mine in 2010 and it is a job. I think cleaning the cap was the worst. 300.00 is not that bad to remove and replace. I ended up with almost a full set extra for the older colors. I cleared over mine in march of 2010 and they look great so I will do something different if I ever have to change mine again.
Bobby
scductman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:25 PM   #16
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Keystone sent me a full set of graphics. I removed the old graphics with a hair dryer and a steel putty knife. All came off well and not a scratech to the sides. Getting the adhesive off is the hard part. I tried all the reccommended adhesive removers and they were mostly useless. I used laquer thinner (about 3 gallons), the steel putty knife and lots of clean rags (cotton). It is labor intensive and a long time on a ladder. I then had a body shop with experience install the new graphics. I did not want to be putting that large decal on in the wind. It looks good now.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #17
The Weekenders
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8863
I plan on getting a hold of my local graphics/sign guy see if he scan the Montana logo, put it to his normal quality vinyl and put in on the front along with the mountain scene. He is super talented and can do just about anything with graphics. After 3 years, the front is begining to peel and look like crap.
The Weekenders is offline   Reply With Quote