Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2008, 04:45 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Texarkana, TX

Arkansas is about 200 yards the other side of the freeway.

We are spending the night at the Texarkana KOA, A114. Got in about 1630 hours (for the Mickey Mousers, Little Hand On 4, Big Hand on 6)

Spaces are kind of tight and the Freeway is a little to close. But Hey! We did way over our project limit in miles and it's just a place to sleep. Will turn the BR AC on to drown out the freeway noice. Plus, I take the hearing aids out when beddy-bye time comes so I will not hear a thing.

Got off on a 1 hour 15 minute late start, but that always happens when we are leaving home. To many last minute add-ons that delay me.

Was up to 11 MPG at one point in the trip with the F350 dually, but then filled up at half-full (half-empty) mark and reset the gauge. Got 9.8 on the last 100 miles or so, but Hwy 59 in Texas is a twisty-turny with one and two horse towns. Roads were good though, not like I-washboard-10

Only problem with inside Hanna was the drawer on the sofa-bed slid out.

Heading to Tom Sawyer RV in Mephis for tomorrow nights stay.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:27 PM   #2
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Waynem, we have the same problem with our couch drawer, I fixed it by cutting an 18 inch piece of 4x6 diagonally the flat way so I have two 6 inch wide wedges that are 4 inches high. I stick one on either end of the couch and the drawer stays shut. It did slide out so far a couple times that it tore the right hand end slides off. I got them back together with a lot of cussing and a hammer but they will be replaced next week when we take back to the dealer for the warranty work. Some folks use the straps on the couch to keep it closed but as it arrived with the strap holding the coffee table in place on the couch we continued to use them that way. The wedges work fine though. I had to use my saws all to cut them and that was a huge pain but I got it done. A band saw would be better but I sold mine last summer, it was part of the STUFF I had to get rid of. I think that a plastic wheel chock will work just as well... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 05:32 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Thanks Dave.
I don't see a strap anywhere near my couch. The wedge seems to be a good idea.
Old 05-23-2008, 02:51 AM   #4
slewis
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5841
Wayne,
We remember fondly 59. We took that all the way to Kingwood. We enjoyed the scenery after being on the I's all the way to that point. Also have been to Tom Sawyer park. Get there before dark as a fellow MOC'er recommended. Safe travels to you-are you going to make it to our rally? You know that you have become somewhat of an icon here and I know others would love to meet you and Earlene in person.
Sandy
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:23 AM   #5
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I like y'all to have the suspense. I have met "ShowJoe," "Ruth", "JimF," yourself, "Dave Nowlen."

"Ain't" tha 'nough!

Excuse me! Define "icon!"

Edited: For terrible punctiation and spellin', then just gave up!
Old 05-23-2008, 04:40 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
If your going 59 and need a cheap place to stay, stop in Jefferson Tx and they have 6 or so places to set down for a night. It did cost $12.50 a night including Electric and Water, there is also a dump station across the street. Its just a parking lot but you will be secure its across from the Jail. We have stayed there many times, our Son use to own a B & B there. We have traveled 59 many time going to South Texas (RGV) for the Winter. As for the Couch Air bed we fixed ours, gave it to Goodwill along with the Ultra Leather rockers and Replace the Couch with a Lazy Boy recline away Love seat and a Lazy Boy recline away recliner. We have found the RV funiture to be very uncomfortable and poorly made in all 4 5th wheels we have owed. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 02:33 PM   #7
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Wayne, If your rig guzzles gas, beware. They sell as low as 84 octane in Texas. It can and wil affect your milage greatly. If you have an oil burner you should be OK. Just read the pumps carefully. Bob
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I'm running a 6.0L oil burner.

I can tell it's an oil burner by the price of the fuel.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:07 PM   #9
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Waynem, check between the cushions towards the back, or fold the back forward and check behind there, they may be back there. If you didn't receive the rig with the coffee table strapped there they just may be back there... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote