Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #1
LAURA
Established Member

M.O.C. #1304
Corpus Cristi Tx

We are thinking about going down to Copus Cristi Tx the first of Feb 2012. Can anyone recommend a nice RV park in this area.

Thanks

LAURA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Sand Dollar RV park up in Rockport, TX ... about 30 miles north of Corpus. Concrete and or sand pads ... full hookups. Grocery and good food within 3-5 miles.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:00 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Check the Naval Air Station. I have heard that it is open to the public. You have to stop at the gate and pay a $20 yearly fee, then the nightly fee at the RV Park, but call and check first with security to see what the requirements are. The sites are very nice. Ask for the old section, if you can get aboard the site. Just remember, windy, windy, and then windy.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Janet47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11006
WE live on Padre Island. Padre Island nat'l Seashore has water and electric with a dump.
Pioneer RV park is very nice...you can walk to the beach off of 361, once you cross the bridge on Park rd 22..a little pricy, but if you stay for a month, it is better...In flour Bluff, there is a nice park, but not on the water...Colonial del Rey, just for examples....there is also a county park near Bob hall Pier, but it is $20/ night...water and electric with a dump....their rates just went up. I believe the Naval air Station is closed to public. if you need more info, email me....and let us know if you are near...we are always up for lunch....lol...
Janet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #5
TheCoachPotatoes
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3847
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Janet47

WE live on Padre Island. Padre Island nat'l Seashore has water and electric with a dump.
Pioneer RV park is very nice...you can walk to the beach off of 361, once you cross the bridge on Park rd 22..a little pricy, but if you stay for a month, it is better...In flour Bluff, there is a nice park, but not on the water...Colonial del Rey, just for examples....there is also a county park near Bob hall Pier, but it is $20/ night...water and electric with a dump....their rates just went up. I believe the Naval air Station is closed to public. if you need more info, email me....and let us know if you are near...we are always up for lunch....lol...
We stayed at Padre Island National Seashore last year. Unless something has changed, there is no electric or water at sites. There is a dump station and water available to fill up your tanks.
TheCoachPotatoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:05 AM   #6
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
We're about a half hour north of CC here in Rockport. Frankly, I wouldn't stay in Corpus. As Janet said, there is nice camping on Mustang Island. Also, a couple nice places in Portland. Take a look at http://www.rockportrvparks.com/. Two of the nicest parks are at Estes, between Aransas Pass and Rockport. If you want in town, there are several parks close in to downtown Rockport. Personally, I don't like Sanddollar Resort, but it has a good location. If you see one in Rockport you like, PM me and I'll give my opinion on it. We've been in this area since 2007.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 AM   #7
lcarter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7240
We are on Mustang Island just out of Corpus. The island has several parks including a state park but no full hookups. We are at Gulf Waters which is located on the beach on Hwy 361. It is a beautiful park.
Enjoy,
lcarter
lcarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:55 AM   #8
Janet47
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11006
Just back from PINS...only boondocking.there, but the price is right...lol....there is also a park over in Portland, called sea breeze that wasn't too bad...close to downtown, and the birds would come in to the low water...
Janet47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #9
sue531
Established Member

M.O.C. #11214
If I may ask about Goose Island State Park. We are scheduled to stay there the second week on Jan. What do you think?
sue531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #10
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sue531

If I may ask about Goose Island State Park. We are scheduled to stay there the second week on Jan. What do you think?
Haven't been there in a year or so, but that is a beautiful park. IIRC, you are limited to a 14 day stay in TX state parks tho. Oh, and we've had lots of Red Tide down here. But, although it is in the bay, it won't bother you at Goose Island. Merely shut down our oyster season in the bay. Hopefully, it will be gone by January.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #11
wersqu
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5683
The Pioneer RV Resort in Port Aransas is a great park for the Corpus Christi area. One of the best we ever stay at. Easy access to Corpus Christi. We have been in the area for the last 20+ years over the winter. Our parents found this area when they retired. We return again for two months Feb to April in 2012. Hope to see you there.
wersqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #12
alandaudrey
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9011
Goose Island is a nice State Park but you need to be especially observant of the low branches. They have a ton of Live Oaks and they do not trim the branches. There are some scars where RV's have hit branches.

Nice lighted fishing pier and good wade fishing.
alandaudrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 05:27 AM   #13
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
All it takes is a phone call:

The MWR offers a Class C Id card to civilians. This card allows access to MWR Facilites, to include most recreational areas on board the NAS Corpus Crhisti, TX, including the RV Park, and the golf course. An application is needed so that a background check can be made. Once approved there is a $20 yearly fee for access to the base. Once approved, reservations can be made at the NAS RV park. This Class C ID Card benefit is open the public.

The number to call to get an application is: 361-961-2576. IT will take approximately one week to process the application. If you are in the area you can pick up an application in person at the Pass and ID office just inside the gate.

Happy trails.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
Texas5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #7143
We like Gulf Waters Rv Park. It is pricy. Spacious patios, most with cement tables and benches, green grass, small lakes, pool and spa and a board walk to the beach.
Texas5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #15
brooksider
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #9963
In 2008 we stay at Lake Corpus Christi State Park. 3 way service was the only amenity. The lake was dirty as was the camp ground and the washrooms. the grounds were in need of some work and the price was $34.00, which we found to be on the high side for what we got. e had originaly paid for two nights but after seeing the camp ground, I complained and got my money back for the second night and moved on. This C/G is not recommended.
Joe
brooksider is offline   Reply With Quote