Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2023, 09:48 AM   #1
Sean@titletown

M.O.C. #32930
2006 Montana

I have a 06 Montana, had it into the shop here in WI for repairs on the dometic AC and suburban heater twice now, Once last fall and again this week. The technician and service mgr finally came to conclusion and told us that best route to go is to have new heater and ac installed. There's no power to the wall thermostat to turn the AC/HTR on and they told me that the circuit board was the problem and said the thermostat itself had power going through it. They than said that they are not able to find a circuit control board for the that unit and most likely not being made anymore. So after telling me it run about $2k for a new AC and additional $2800 for heater, I took the Montana home and parked it, bcuz my thought is their sabotaging our montana in hopes to push us for a trade in So I'm searching for a new control board for the Montana. Any help or recommendations would be very helpful.

Sean@titletown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 09:56 AM   #2
Joint Venture II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30751
What model is your Monty? I suspect you're having the same problem we had with our 2005 2955RL regarding the thermostat controlled furnace and AC unit. We replaced the circuit board with an updated thermostat and new control board. Cost me about $350 for parts and I supplied the labor for the 60 minutes of installation.
Joint Venture II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 11:05 AM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I believe you have the infamous POS Remote Thermostat that was a problem from day one back in 2005. There is a llooonngg (18 pages)discussion about this POS and what can be done to fix it. https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ead.php?t=8145

Joint Venture II had the same problem as you and while the product numbers have changed, he persevered and found the latest pieces need. To his credit he documented on this same Thread. The earlier pages will provide background but the most current info starts at the bottom of page #17 and continues into page #18. https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...t=8145&page=17

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 02:30 PM   #4
Sean@titletown

M.O.C. #32930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint Venture II View Post
What model is your Monty? I suspect you're having the same problem we had with our 2005 2955RL regarding the thermostat controlled furnace and AC unit. We replaced the circuit board with an updated thermostat and new control board. Cost me about $350 for parts and I supplied the labor for the 60 minutes of installation.
Our model is an 06' 3670RL, and I also suspect you Are correct. any recommendations on where I might find a control board and thermostat. I've been calling around to few dealers and repair shops, no one can seem to find it. Even gave them a vin#, if you have a line, be greatly appreciated.
Sean@titletown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2023, 02:59 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Read Page #18 of the link I provided in Post #3 above. It has all you will need to know.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote