Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-07-2018, 08:20 PM   #1
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Front Cap LED light strip.

This weekend i noticed the driver side LED on the front cap wasn't working but the other side was working. I have the 2015/2016 style cap it's a 2016 3791RD. Any suggestions of what to check for first if anyone has had this happen to them. Thanks Chuck.

Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 06:55 AM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
I have not had it happen but if I did I would take my multimeter and see if there is power getting to the LED strip in question. If no power find out why and if power replace the LED strip.

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 08:40 AM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
The LED "eyebrow" lights on the front cap have been a problem since they first came out with them. Many of us have had to replace them. It is an easy job and you can order a much better set of LED's off of Amazon. The line of lights are just put on with silicone and the wires come through a small hole in the front cap that is caulked or has silicone sealing it. There is plenty of wire back in the cap to be able to snip and splice the new ones on and then stuff the extra wire back into the cap again and silicone the light string back onto the cap. Who knows, you might even get some that the lights run off a remote and you might even be able to make them blink or whatever too. LOL
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:21 PM   #4
Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20081
Send a message via AIM to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via MSN to Md.FireFighter 3791RD Send a message via Yahoo to Md.FireFighter 3791RD
Rondo, did you replace your LED light strip on your front cap yourself and would you know off hand what you replaced it with . You said Amazon, would you know which one to replace them with. Thanks Chuck.
Md.FireFighter 3791RD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 06:09 AM   #5
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
if you are going to replace the strip, just measure it and order another strip of 12 volt lights. https://www.google.com/search?q=led+...firefox-b-1-ab
just take off and silicone the replacement.
mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote