Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2018, 05:31 PM   #1
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Front Cap LED Light Strips

Our new 2018 HC has one big led strip on top, and two smaller ones down lower. The really long one on top has seven led’s out. Do you know how they replace this stick on light? Main concern is where is the connecting point? Would they have to get behind the nose cap? I don’t trust our closest dealer to do that.

Old 02-26-2018, 08:08 PM   #2
MARK A
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18157
I suspect that when you get up there, and get to looking that when you get the silicone dug out where the wires go in you will pull out the wires and the connectors will be in there.
I have been all over my trailer and looked at the new ones and the building practices haven't changed.

Mark
Old 02-26-2018, 09:32 PM   #3
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Mark A is correct. If you get up there and check out where the light wires come from you will see it is in place with silicone and you can replace them if you like but since your rig is still under warranty I could contact Keystone Customer Service and ask if they have another dealer in the area that can do the work since you do not trust the nearest dealer. I am assuming you did not purchase the unit from this dealer and if you did who was this dealer so we all know not to visit them when needing service.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 04:45 AM   #4
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
That is a big help. I’ll have to crawl up there and look around more. I wasn’t sure how big the hole was that the wire comes thru. Our closest Montana dealer is, of course, a CW. It is 41 miles away, and they said they could fix it. But we would rather not support this company, and really the lack of experience at the CW, is scary. We all need to support our smaller, independent dealerships a little better. But sometimes, convenience gets in our way. We purchased from RV Outlet USA in Ringgold, VA, and those guys are amazing. We might have to schedule with them, and make the drive. Thank you all for answering our question.