Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-16-2018, 07:46 AM   #1
bullroc3
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7122
Hail Storm Damage

Yesterday we experienced a hail stone storm the likes of which I have not seen in all of my 68 years. Hail larger than golf balls rained down on our small village in Northeastern Pennsylvania for over 10 minutes. The destruction was beyond comprehension. All of our neighbors' homes were affected in some way.

Our home experienced broken windows, siding and roof damage and damage to several out buildings including a new metal garage that houses the tow vehicle. Fortunately, all the vehicles were under cover but not the Montana. All the vents on the roof are toast as is the air conditioner cover. It also broke the emergency exit pane of glass in the window behind the couch in the living area. There are dings in the aluminum Keystone uses to finish under the fiberglass walls. It could have been worse. We could have had more windows smashed. I am glad that we did not have any immediate camping plans. With our other travel plans, it could be August before we experience the first camp out of the season!!!

The insurance company has been contacted and a claim number assigned for both the home and the camper. This will be the largest claim that I have ever had to file with the company. Arrangements have been made to take the camper to a authorized Keystone repair center about 30 minutes from our home.

This link will get you to the news report that showed up on the evening news. The guy in the red shirt is my neighbor. The young lady with the quivering voice is one of our volunteer firemen along with her husband.

http://wnep.com/2018/05/15/huge-hail...ehanna-county/

Old 05-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #2
rollingdownthehighway
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20273
This storm hit us hard up in CT, it was huge and never died down like most do coming up this away. Things can be replaced and fixed, at least you were safe. We had some spots that had wind registered at 100 mph, crazy and scary
rollingdownthehighway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:10 AM   #3
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Good luck with the insurance company and repairs

We, luckily, missed the worst of that storm in the Upstate-Saratoga area but did have some very ominous clouds, a bit of heavy rain and a tornado warning that turned out to be a non-event.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote