Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2018, 08:07 PM   #41
Wicked1
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1retired06 View Post
We had a 28 foot Sunline Tagalong years ago. One of the best built rigs we owned. Not a lot of bells and whistles, just quality, with a price point 8K above competion. Too many buyers wanted bells and whistles and a cheap price. Sunline, out of PA, went belly up. Still see them on the road.
I see those all over the place, in fact there was a dealer in NJ by where I live and sad they went under they were nice in their time, I wonder what they would have been like now if they were still around?

Wicked1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:20 PM   #42
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
First off I feel your pain and am sorry your unit has had so many problems. I have a suggestion for your hot water heater that I have not seen suggested yet (it may have been and I just missed it...I couldn't take the time to read all of the responses to this thread but did try and at least skim through looking for this answer.

We have a 2007 3000RK and about a year ago our electric stopped working on the HW Heater. It felt like the switch froze and I could not turn it off. trouble shooting revealed that the switch went bad. A fellow camper in our good sam chapter fashioned a shunt as a temporary repair (controlled the function off of the breaker switch now) until I could get a new switch and install it. working fine again for not much cost.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana3725RL View Post
It's year 5 in June of owning our 3725RL:

Conclusion, expensive pile of crap built to poor standards, the one year warranty for so many people is really 6 months since it's stored for half the year. Designed so mice can get in, there are places I can't get to to stop them, but in the building process they could have put in measures to make it difficult for the little bastards, they didn't and likely never will.

The main AC unit has been bad since year one, Keystone doesn't care since it wasn't caught until right after the 1 year warranty expired. The unit is not serviceable per Keystone but some people have said it can be modified, we haven't needed it so we're waiting.

The hydraulic system was popping badly the first 2 years, the dealer ate part of the cost and installed heavier duty fluid. Still pops now and then but much better.

The Black/Gray tank valves have been replaced twice, leaking tanks have been repaired twice.

The big storage doors have been replaced due to swelling, the new ones are also swelling, go figure.

We have mice in the roof that nobody can get rid of, it would be nice if they did something about all of the easy access holes in these rigs. The mice are destroying whatever is up there.

The water heater stopped working on electricity this year, but still works using gas. Researching the cause, any ideas I'd be happy to hear them.

2 bad batteries even though proper usage and winter storage procedures have been used, their response, we don't make the batteries.

The hallway tile is lifting as is the tile near the heat duct by the bathtub.

The front blue LED's have been replaced 3 times, they no longer function properly, again. Not worth the effort to fix.

Some moron thought putting the junk subwoofer behind the fake fireplace was a grand idea, it wasn't, the entire fireplace rattles and the system sounds like crap.

The Montana 3725RL was expensive as 5th wheels go, I like the full welding on the chassis and the floor plan and my wife loved it so much I bought it.

Biggest.....mistake....I......have.......ever..... made......
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote