Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
swanny
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8816
packages???

hi all, well i'm coming down out of the clouds now. i've been going over ALL the paper and manuals. i come across a manual for my Xantrex 80 amp converter. this is what the "package" has listed. so i go out to check out and understand my new Xantrex converter. upon further review i have a IOTA converter. so now i have to remove the converter to try and figure out what amp this one is rated for. i did do some reading about IOTA converters and they sound pretty good. does anybody else have this converter?

also when we picked up the Monty i asked for the build sheet for my unit and they said they would mail me one. i hope they do so i can compare all "packages" vs reality.

swanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:44 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
I had an Iota. It was the one that went bad on me and caused a lot of appliance damage. It was replaced by my dealer with Intelli-Power 9100. I think that is an upgrade. We have had no trouble since. There is a monitor that tells you which of the three stages the converter is in at the moment.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 03:56 PM   #3
DONnANNIE
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6088
Send a message via AIM to DONnANNIE Send a message via Yahoo to DONnANNIE
I think that most Montana converters are IOTA. At least mine is an IOTA and I have not had any problems with it.

During our PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection), we were given a list of the major appliances and ser # in the 5er. I found my list to be accurate.

My 5er is a 2007, perhaps the latest models have either Xantrex or IOTA.
DONnANNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #4
iowaone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8421
my 2009 3400RL has IOTA fuse panels in the bathroom but the 85 Amp Xantrex converter is under the steps in the basement.
iowaone is offline   Reply With Quote