Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2006, 06:44 PM   #41
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Let us know when you get that order placed... =)

Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 12:33 AM   #42
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Dave..for your information 675.00 borrowed at 6.5% for 15 years (180 months) would add 5.88 to to your loan payment and would cost you 1058.00 over the term of the loan.Using MY tax title and fee amount of 2514.00 at the same rate that would add a additional 21.90 to the cost of my loan and would cost me 3,942.00 over the term of the loan. The both of them would add 27.70 to the monthly payment and cost me 5,000 over the term of the loan.Now the monthly payment that you want is your decision but these are some REAL numbers to consider.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:28 AM   #43
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Said it before, say it again and again, Al and I will NEVER EVER have a 5er without a air pin or air hitch! Period! For reasons, search the archives.

Personally I would ditch the fireplace (use a small electric heater for early morning chill) and get the air pin. As a long timer we use that space, as a full timer I would have to have that space. (that said we know several full timers who have the fireplace and are ok space wise, or seem to be)

Congrats to those with new units on the way.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:05 AM   #44
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Helen and I did the same thing.Gave up fireplace, hi gloss, fancy wheels, dual pane windows, and used the $ to get 2nd A/C,on board vacuum, Mor-Ryde pin box, slide awnings. That made sense to us. If we could have afforded ALL the options we would have all the options.If it does not fit into your budget..and WE have a budget..you will NOT buy the option no matter how much sense it makes to others. Having spent the weekend with Dave and Cheryl we know they are working very hard to fullfill their dream and they HAVE a budget.As we discussed at the RV show..They have to buy what fits into their budget..not what fits into mine.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:40 AM   #45
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks for all the input guys. This is all good stuff to chew on, then throw it into our equation.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:45 AM   #46
Searchers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1685
Rich & Helen, Congratulations on the new rig! I find it interesting that you were able to order a rig without the Hi Gloss because I was told by a dealer on Saturday that there was no choice now. I've suspected it's because all of the units he has on the lot are Hi Gloss, but I did tell him I wouldn't buy without doing a special order.
Searchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:56 AM   #47
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
High gloss was a option as of 2/25/2006. That WAS Saturday. A call to Montana customer service will verify your dealers claim.Now we have already signed the contract so if mine comes with Hi gloss at the same cost we will gladly drive off with it...
Old 02-27-2006, 05:06 AM   #48
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Ditto
Old 02-27-2006, 11:47 AM   #49
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Rich,
You made a vaild point. If at any time one borrows money to pay for options it is going to cost you more in the long run. The choice that has to be made is how bad do I want those options and am I willing to pay the "additional" cost over the term of my loan? I could have bought my coach outright but, chose to finance it because the rate I got was smaller than the rate my money market is paying. When it came time for "me" to order my coach I decided that if I was going to make this purchase and spend this type of money on it, it would have every option I wanted. I had a monthly payment in my head as to how much I wanted to spend on it and in order to bring that payment to where I wanted, I knew I would have to put enough money down to make that happen. When it comes to my personal opinion I never finance tax, license, registration, or any additional fees that are included in buying a new vehicle. I include those in my down payment along with what ever else I put down to make my payment where I want it to be.

As far as high gloss becoming standard feature??? I am glad to see that if it is true. I know on my next coach there will be high gloss for sure. Now if we can just get Keystone to tweek a few things on the Cambridge and get that back into production. =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #50
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Very good thinking Montana Sky.Wish I was that savy at your age.We also never finance tax, title, reg, etc. Now this time we are paying cash,drove a lot of school bus and charter to do that but still only had so much cash to spend .At our age and place in life we did not want "payments" and actually we got Every option we wanted. Would have liked aluminum wheels but did not trust the wheels..may get a really good set at a later date.In my opinion it is good to use the banks money instead of yours if the numbers work out as yours did. On the Cambridge we heard over and over again that it was to bad that the Cambridge did not work out but it was good for the Montana as many of the features are showing up on the Montana.
Old 02-27-2006, 03:21 PM   #51
rickfox
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2959
Dave,

I can not speak for the Mor/ryde pin box, but I can with experience speak about the Glide-Ride pin box. Both these pin boxes are designed to address the jerking and "chucking" that seems to always be present when towing a 5th wheel.

Assuming the Mor/ryde works as well as the Glide-Ride, I strongly urge you to purchase it. The Glide-Ride was the best add-on piece of equipment I have ever purchased! You will almost immediately feel the difference. I honestly had to look in the rear view mirror to make sure everything was OK - the ride was so much improved. With so much difference in the ride, I am certain there has to be much less wear and tear on both the TV and the trailer.
rickfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #52
yvonnenid
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4853
oops, my message disappeared! I was writing to say I have been following Rich's purchase of the 3400 for several months now. In October 06 we ordered the 3670 RL which was Rich's original Montana choice. When it arrived at the end of December, it had the Mor-Ryde suspension, new color and graphics, and the new cc heater regulator- all at no extra charge. So if they do change to all high gloss gel coats, Rich, I am sure you will not have to pay extra for it! If I learn how to post a picture of our rig, you will see the new color and graphics, but not unhappily the new front cap. However, I do have a wonderful large front closet! We have taken several small trips( we live in Northern California so we can camp year round) in the new Montana, and we just love it!!! We haven't had any problems so far. Knock on wood!!
yvonnenid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:40 PM   #53
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yvonnenid

oops, my message disappeared! I was writing to say I have been following Rich's purchase of the 3400 for several months now. In October 06 we ordered the 3670 RL which was Rich's original Montana choice. When it arrived at the end of December, it had the Mor-Ryde suspension, new color and graphics, and the new cc heater regulator- all at no extra charge. So if they do change to all high gloss gel coats, Rich, I am sure you will not have to pay extra for it! If I learn how to post a picture of our rig, you will see the new color and graphics, but not unhappily the new front cap. However, I do have a wonderful large front closet! We have taken several small trips( we live in Northern California so we can camp year round) in the new Montana, and we just love it!!! We haven't had any problems so far. Knock on wood!!
Oh boy..If Helen sees this post she will go ballistic. Both of us really wanted the 3670 because of the "open" floor plan but opted for the Mor Ryde suspension which we were told would NOT be on any 3670 we ordered. Oh well that's life and we are Both happy with the 3400 which was our second choice/Also good to hear that you have no troubles. We are hearing more and more of that as of late..that is a good sign.Going to make a couple of calls about the Hi gloss..that would be a nice surprise. Thanks for the info...take care..

Old 03-01-2006, 02:46 AM   #54
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Dave, Like I once told Rich and Helen "just write the check and don't look back" 675 dollars is a drop in the bucket as compared to what you are spending on your unit. However enough drops will overflow that bucket sometime. But what the heck you only get one trip on the merry go round.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:20 AM   #55
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I agree, Mudchief. You just have to make sure the "merry go round" doesn't get going so fast that it throws you off... It's a great ride right up til then.
Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 AM   #56
spinky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1106
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by yvonnenid

spinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 03:39 AM   #57
spinky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1106
Hi Yvonne,
We are driving our Montana with friends, from Michigan ,in September. Our son lives in San Ramon. We are having a terrible time finding a park for our fifth wheel to stay in that is close to them. Could you possibly help us out.
Thanks
Old 03-01-2006, 04:34 AM   #58
Montana_4837
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4837
Spinky, you will get a better response to your question about campgrounds near San Ramon if you post to the Campgrounds topic. Thanks for your participation.
Montana_4837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #59
glenwynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #4324
Not Yvonne but Marsha and I are from the Bay Area/Las Vegas, started fulltiming in a 3650RF Nov 4 2005 (My mother inlaw says were homeless). The closest one I know of is the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton Ca (925) 426-7600 there is also some in Concord and Livermore

Glen and Marsha
glenwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 05:16 AM   #60
spinky
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #1106
[quote]Originally posted by glenwynn

Not Yvonne but Marsha and I are from the Bay Area/Las Vegas, started fulltiming in a 3650RF Nov 4 2005 (My mother inlaw says were homeless). The closest one I know of is the Alameda County Fairgrounds in Pleasanton Ca (925) 426-7600 there is also some in Concord and Livermore

Glen and Marsha

Thanks so much Glen. Pleasanton and Livermore are close so I will check them out. Thanks so much for your help.