Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 05-17-2005, 06:01 PM   #1
RMccord
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3727
This one may be dumb-re thermostats

I have another question regarding the thermostat replacement.
Will the unit once installed operate which ever component is needed Ie. a/s or heater based on temperature or only by setting it to a/c or heat?
It would be nice to program the heat levels and ac highs and lows but not have to switch between them.
Hey how is that for lazy.

RMccord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2005, 07:04 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
The air conditioner and the heater are just dumb machines that do what you tell them to do. Telling them to "do" is simply a function of an on/off switch. The on and off signalling device can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. The sophistication is built into the thermostat. You can do what ever you want to do it you can find the electronics to make it happen and be willing to pay for what you want.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #3
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
The replacement Deo Therm Comfort Center control you will have to switch between heat and AC. They work great though. The one thing I do like for AC side is you can put the fan on auto and it will stay on high till it senses temp drop then will drop down to Med or low automatically, works great, when it senses freezing up of the coil it switches back to high to defrost the coil.
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 04:23 AM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You will need an auto change over thermostat that operates the clock by battery. Check with a local Heating service company to get one.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:13 AM   #5
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Bob, if you are talking about the Hunter thermostat -- I don't know if the programmable model will auto switch between furnace and AC. Our manual model, non-programmable, requires we flip a switch between AC and Heat. There's also an Off position if memory serves.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:37 AM   #6
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
If it "autoswitched", wouldn't the heater raise it to the top of the desired temp range, then the A/C come on immediately to lower it to the lower limit of the setting ? Seems like you would have it constantly running, switching, running, switching, running, etc. Whew I'm tired just thinking about it !!
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote