Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-17-2019, 10:46 AM   #21
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
Why should we have to work on these. All my cars, from 55 chevies, to trans am we never had a problem. This is bad..
\

Maybe the difference is that you can actually work on vintage American cars vs whatever is made today where you need special tools and a 6" thick manual. The manual and paperwork that I've made up for our HC has surpassed 4"

2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 05:03 PM   #22
Gutz54
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23468
How about someone giving us a quick run down on what to check with some pics--I noticed yesterday when I go back from a quick 2 day trip my left front wheel was letting off 'steam" when I hit it with some water from the hose to wash off the tires?? I don't know if that is normal??
Gutz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:05 PM   #23
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Could have a bad bearing. Too lose or probably too tight. Better pull hub and check for damage. Get it corrected before your next trip or you could be on the side of the road with a major problem.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #24
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I also traveled home from a trip to discover a missing rear wet bolt. The spring hanger on both sides was bent out around 30 degrees with the spring up against the frame. I then replaced the entire suspension.

From then on I check the entire suspension whenever we get to our destination and when we get home.

Any more issues for us and the IS is going to be installed.
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote