Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2017, 07:42 PM   #1
R&BMHC

M.O.C. #20147
Hot Water Tank Location?

Anyone know where the hot water tank is located and how to access it on our new 2017 353RL High Country?

R&BMHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 07:57 PM   #2
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
You're going to have two compartments that have vents to the outside on one side or the other of your rig. One will be the furnace and the other the water heater. The water heater probably has a plastic catch that you flip up and turn to open the compartment. It may also have a small switch that needs to be on in order for the electric element to come on.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 08:43 PM   #3
BuilderBob
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20475
It's on street side of the rig right next to the furnace under the bathroom wall.
BuilderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 08:20 AM   #4
WaltBennett
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13325
All depends on what you mean by "access it". As said, you can get to the controls, anode rod and limit switch from that exterior hatch. If you suspect a leak or have problems with no propane igniter spark, you'll probably have the same issues I did when our tank cracked. There was a small (~ 6" square) plastic cover that I could unscrew and see that it was leaking, but I had to remove the vacuum and even cut another larger hole on the other side to reach the propane line to pull it out. Apparently it was installed before the kitchen was completed as the igniter module was on the top of the old one. (Made pulling it somewhat difficult.) I put the new heater's module on the rear so it could be gotten to from that plastic hatch. Don't know about your floor plan, but I wouldn't be surprised if you've similar issues.
Old 09-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #5
R&BMHC

M.O.C. #20147
Thanks

Thanks for the feedback to all. I'll do some more exploring. I'm just trying to get a feel for where everything is that can and will go bad before it happens!
R&BMHC is offline   Reply With Quote