Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 11-30-2004, 03:59 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Responding to research.

In double-blind studies, medical research has discovered that patients who receive prayer during treatment and recovery, whether or not they know it, have better and faster recovery rates. This research was done by both secular and religious interests with comparable results.

I am also glad to be living in this time. What used to be excruciatingly painful surgury with an extensive expected recovery time, has been reduced to outpatient surgury. The patient walks out of the procedure under his/her own steam. This has been made possible through orthoscope and laser technology.

Therefore, let me express gratitude for the technology and request your prayers for my outpatient surgury scheduled for 8:00 AM, Friday, December 3. And I thank you for this support.

I know you are dying to know what kind of surgury this is, so...
It is surgury to close a vein in the leg by inserting a catheter from the groin area to near the ankle, seal off the vein with a laser, evacuate the vein and seal it at the groin. No need to do "vein stripping".

Even without the research, I would request your prayers. My faith based life really didn't need verification.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:29 AM   #2
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Although your description of your upcoming surgery just might fall under the "too much information" category (at least for me), Steve and I will, of course, be praying for a successful procedure and your speedy recovery! Please be sure to keep us all posted ... you know how we worry!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 04:56 AM   #3
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Stiles, Our prayers will be there with you on that day, please keep us posted we worry about all our members.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 05:36 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Let me clarify my reason for sharing the details of this particular procedure. This is relatively new to the field of treating vericose veins and I wanted others in this age group to know of its availability so as to minimize the mental anguish and physical trauma associated with receiving appropriate treatment should it become necessary. If my description (which I tried to be clear but sparce) has been too graphic or offended sensitivities, I do sincerely appologize.
Old 11-30-2004, 05:44 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Stiles, Our thoughts and prayers will be with you. Keep us posted on your recovery.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 06:45 AM   #6
vickster
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1165
Our thoughts and prayers also, will be with you on Friday. God bless .....
vickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2004, 07:02 AM   #7
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
If that post about offending is a result of my comment, I apologize! You certainly did not offend me ... my comment was meant to be of a humorous nature. Obviously, I did not achieve that.

Again, Steve and I wish you the best and, judging from your posts, we both agree that we simply MUST meet you!!!
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 01:31 AM   #8
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Our prayers are with you, Stiles. We too understand the power of prayer in healing. My hubby was prayed into remission from a very nasty form of leukemia two years ago. We had wonderful medical care and a great doctor but we know where the real healing came from. We could have saved those researchers a lot of time and money if they had only asked us!
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:22 AM   #9
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Stiles,

You are in our prayers. Hope you have a quick recovery.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:15 AM   #10
Sunseekers
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #710
Send a message via Yahoo to Sunseekers
Stiles n Dianna
I had that exact procedure last spring at the Vein Clinc here in Phoenix area. It was a easy procedure and not painful (except in the wallet) with a fast recovery. The only discomfort was having to wear those "compression hose".
The end result of feeling better, do to better circulation, is worth the effort.
Sunseekers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:38 AM   #11
tbhd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2221
Good luck on Friday. You are in our thoughts and prayers. I'm sure you will up and dancing in no time.
tbhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 AM   #12
Gypsy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #111
Stiles,
I, too, have seen the power of prayer in my life and that of loved ones. You can be sure I'll remember you in my prayers and hopes that the procedure and recovery both go well. Keep us posted!
Hugs,
Sharon
Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 04:41 AM   #13
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thank all of you for your prayers and thank you Sunseeker for the encouraging report.
Old 12-01-2004, 03:58 PM   #14
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Stiles, best of luck to you with your surgery. We have been blessed by modern technology, also. Our 16 year old son spent his first six weeks at Children's Hospital in Milwaukee. At one point he was the sickest kid there. Today he is a perfectly normal teenager. The intern who was on the case wrote a paper on him as an example of a baby that wouldn't have lived had he been born two years earlier. I think it was the prayers as much as the medical procedures. We will keep you in ours.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote