Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2007, 12:48 PM   #21
bandn

M.O.C. #6872
Send a message via MSN to bandn
We don't own a Bug Sky but we really like the Golden Vista color scheme.

Keep your wheels spinning

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by David and Jo-Anna

Doesn't look like anyone needs to worry about ordering a Big Sky with the Twilight Meadow color scheme for now. I just got a call from Keystone in response to the Big Sky order I placed last Friday. In that order, I marked the color choice as "TBD." The caller today told me they can't process an order without a color selection--and my choices were only Golden Vista and Aspen Forest--Twilight Meadow was not offerred as a choice. This is consistent with what I heard from my local dealer last Friday--that the Twilight Meadow color scheme was on hold.

So we are going with the Golden Vista--like that much more than the Aspen Forest color scheme that showed up last week in the unit on its way to South Carolina.

bandn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2007, 05:16 PM   #22
Dave e Victoria
Montana Master

M.O.C. #635
Just noticed this post and reviewed your pics. One thing I noticed is what looks like an electric awning. We have the weather pro on our Cambridge and HATE it. It is a flimsey design that neads to be retracted in all but the lightest winds. Second, the design does not lend itself to being tied down in potentially windy situations. Third, if a sudden gust comes up, the automatic retraction does not react fast enough to prevent damage. This design may be appropriate for motorhomes that are mostly on the move but is out of place for most of us that actually stop from time to time. After all of that, ours has a defect that no ne has been able to solve even after four trips and several weeks at the dealer(s) It randomly rolls up of its own accord even in no wind situations. It seems to work OK if it is raining out.

At any rate I would caution anyone buying a big sky to avoid this option if possible.
Dave e Victoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 03:03 AM   #23
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Dave I agree the Awning isn't a very good design and very fragile. We very seldom use ours and only when there is no wind and for shade only. I would rather have the manual type that could be tied down. The idea was great just needs to have more strength. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:06 AM   #24
judyuk
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5363
Dave,
Thanks for the info. We'll take a closer look when we go back to the dealer's. We thought it was a good thing but sounds like it may not be.
judyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #25
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Keep in mind the Cambridge uses the A&E WeatherPro Automatic. Keystone elected NOT to use it on the Big Sky. The Big Sky uses the Carefree Trav'lr electric. To me, much sturdier awning and not automatic.

Hold your conclusions till we really see how these work on the Big Sky. "Apples to Apples".
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote