Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2005, 02:21 PM   #1
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Tomorrow is the big day.....new water tank!

First thing Monday morning we have an appointment with Simmons RV in Anchorage to get our new water tank installed. It came from Keystone with all the connections already on it. So far Simmons RV has been very nice to deal with. We'll keep you posted. Don't know how long it will take to get the work done. Meanwhile, we'll tour Anchorage. There's a lot to see here.

jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 03:38 PM   #2
Montana_2005
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2005
Good luck.... must say, you picked quite the scenic locale to have to sit and get work done... send photos
Montana_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #3
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
Judy,

what is the current photo of??

I have been unable to go to your blogs, as we are connecting via SLOWWWWWW cell phone for the last 15 days. Tomorrow, I hope to connect a bit faster! (we are going home for a couple of days)
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2005, 06:20 PM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Carol, that is the Seward Small Boat Harbor on the morning we went on our fishing charter. You'll have lots of catching up to do as we've put a lot of pictures on the blog. Enjoy!

Mel, if we're going to be stranded, we might as well be stranded in style! We've enjoyed being on the road for the past two weeks since our truck was repaired. Check out our latest adventures on the blog.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:27 PM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Hey Judy have fun while they work. Great excuse to go shopping and sight seeing. Glad you are getting your tank fixed. I was afraid you were going to miss that connection.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:08 AM   #6
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Hope that all go well.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 04:01 AM   #7
Bowie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1475
Glad to hear that that issue will soon be a thing of the past! Enjoy the tour of Anchorage--what a great example of making lemonade out of a big pile of lemons. Let us know how it all plays out.
Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:16 AM   #8
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bowie,
The neat thing about it we all got to enjoy the lemonade.
Happy trails..............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 06:47 AM   #9
countrygirl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2831
Judy, I am enjoying your pictures on the blog...brings back memories about 50 years ago when I was a teenager and drove to Alaska with my parents. Such fun and adventure we had back then...changed tires, and also frightened sometimes .. the roads were bad, and three new tires were taken and used on that long trip. We drove from near Houston, Texas in 1953.
Now, what I really wanted to write to you about is the fireweed flowers. My friend Dale Crane , who is in Alaska this summer makes the fireweed jelly. She says that it is delicious. She has made another batch this summer and is bringing some of the juice home with her next month to make more. So, it is good for something.
Dale and Pat Crane are in Soldotna.. He is a salmon and halibut fisherman and they go there each summer from May til after Labor Day.
They bring back lots of good stuff that they have caught and frozen.
Wish you could meet Dale...she is a delight!
Thanks for all of the beautiful pictures and the blog . I would love to go back again sometime. Looks like that you are having a grand time.
Countygirl or Shirley EAst Texas
countrygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
We are having a great time in spite of our trials. God is good even in the worst of times. Thanks, friends, for your good wishes and kind comments. It's great to have to site as a place to vent.

Good news! Keystone has already settled our account and they are covering the cost of the water tank repair. We knew they were good folks. It should be an encouragement to all Keystone owners.

We're have a good day waiting for the Monty to be fixed but I never realized how much you would want to go home....when you don't have a home to go to. They expect to get the fix done by this evening. Glen asked them to check the brakes and look at the shackles while they're in there. So we will feel more secure going home after our checkup.

We've been to Michaels, Borders, Greta and I visited Petco, and after lunch at a Mongolian BBQ, we're sitting in a parking lot enjoying someone's wireless. It might be from Schlotsky's Deli.

We have seen fireweed jelly. Whatever is in abundance, it seems that housewives will make use of it for jelly or something similar. There is certainly plenty of fireweed to make jelly. We drove through Soldotna, Shirley, on the way to Homer and visited their McDonald's. My brother has a taste for their french fries. I sure hope you will make it back to Alaska. It's nothing like the conditions that you experienced in the 50s.
Old 08-22-2005, 03:41 PM   #11
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Judy,

What a joy to hear that everything has worked out for the two of you with the water tank! You cannot ask for anything better than that short of not having the problem in the first place!

By the way, absolutely beautiful picture in your signature! Keep 'em coming!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 07:53 PM   #12
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Thanks for sharing and I agree this forum is the best. We have been on just over a year and so much information to absorb. Also, such fun..some of you would make good stand up comics. Thanks, everyone...
Myrna
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote