Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
God sends people

Sometimes it tastes bitter to read, "In everything give thanks for this is the will of God, in Christ Jesus, concerning you." Never-the-less I find it to be true. It is hard to see his provision going forward, rather it becomes clearer in hindsight. So much support has come from all directions. You, the MOC family have been great to offer help, encouraging words, and prayer.

Logistics of attending Dianna while I am gone to gather our truck and Montana have come together. A Deacon and dear friend for a church where I served as pastor years ago took Dianna and me into their home as she awaits surgery. He will travel with me to Toronto to help me drive the rig back to Texas. He is traveling on a Buddy Pass supplied by his friend, an employee of Continental Airlines.

When it was learned that since we are crossing the border, A Buddy Pass traveler must be accompanied by an employee or a member of the employee's family. This lady I have never met agreed to take time off and fly with us to Toronto and then turn around an fly back to Houston the next morning.

My friends in Toronto were happy to provide transportation and overnight housing for her. They will get her to the airport by 4:00 AM for a 6:00 AM flight.

The trip to Texas is 1500+ miles. We will try to get back in time for Dianna's surgery Thursday without pushing either man or machine unduly. Plans for her to be attended if I don't make it back in time are made.

I have a place to park the rig at no cost for a month while I figure out what to do on a longer term basis. Temporary housing for post surgery recovery is still a challenge to address, but I believe it will come clear when the need is eminent. I find that God is never early, never late, always on time. I panic when I can't see the solution in advance of the moment of need. Then I read, "Fear not and be of good courage."

We have experienced great blessings , but the real battle is in front of us. Your prayers are coveted. Thank you again.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Stiles
You will continue to be in our daily thoughts and prayers. Safe travels.
Sue and Ed
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 04:45 PM   #3
boylanag
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5965
You are still in our thoughts and prayers, Stiles and Dianna. And you are right in your title of this thread. My God works through people, too.
boylanag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 01:27 AM   #4
Bill and Ann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1493
We are happy to read that things are working out for you Stiles and Dianna.
Bill and Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:02 AM   #5
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
You truly have wonderful friends and family. We are hoping that you have a safe trip and Dianna does well with her surgery.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:39 AM   #6
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Praise be to God during your time of need, for He is truly a God of mercy and passion.....My prayers are for you and your wife. May she have a speedy recovery and for you a safe trip. As you are aware, God will provide the logistics for your long term stay.
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:47 AM   #7
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Stiles and Dianna, Lorraine and I will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

You truly have some wonderful friends. For these folks to give of their time and efforts is truly the work of God. I can only hope that I could give of myself to my friends and acquaintances the way they are giving for you.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #8
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers here in FL. May God grant you travel mercy, strength, and his great healing power to Dianna. Our God is an awesome God! I am truly a walking example of the power of prayer. The doctors even call me their miracle patient.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #9
rrheik
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6292
Stiles, you and Dianna continue to be in our prayers. When the Dear Lord took our son, we were wondering why, but having faith in him has kept us on an even keel. Last Wednesday the good Lord answered our prayers and we were able to get in touch with our Grandson, our son's boy, finally after fifteen years for a most joyous reunion. So even though you and Dianna have struggled these past days, we know there is a brilliant rainbow awaiting you. We wish you the very best and keep us posted.
rrheik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 04:30 PM   #10
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It is wonderful to see how the Lord works out the details when we put our trust in Him. So glad that things are going so smoothly. And, Joyce, it's good to hear that your outcome has been so positive. He is an awesome God.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Stiles,

It's great to have a God who is "working everything to our good", even when we can't see the whole picture. I pray that God will allow you and Diana to see His hand at work in your lives through this whole process. God bless you!
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 02:41 PM   #12
rogersuemegan
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3579
Send a message via AIM to rogersuemegan
Isn't it amazing how God works things out when we let him? He is a truly wonderful and loving God, and has helped us threw so many things. Our prayers will be with all of you this week. The only thing we regret is that it took us getting this old to "let God" take care of everything, we always went full speed ahead to do it ourselves and usually we did it wrong! Life is so much easier now that "we let go and let God!"
rogersuemegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:54 AM   #13
Bill and Lisa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6958
Stiles and Dianna,
Know that you are in our prayers and are an example to many. Because of your trials I am listening closer so I don't miss God's call for me to be as much help to someone in need as all these wonderful folks are listening and responding in your time of need. God always finds a way to create opportunity for growth and enrichment out of adversity. Sometimes we face the adversity for the opportunity for others to grow and be enriched. Sometimes I think it would be nice if God asked first if he could use us in this manner but then I remember I didn't make that a condition when I offered myself up to him and his service. I know what the answer would have been anyway even if he asked. He knows too. Know that you are blessed and loved by many

Bill
Bill and Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:32 AM   #14
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Our prayers are with you Stiles and Dianna during this difficult time. I know there are better days ahead for you two.
God Bless!
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 01:01 PM   #15
Bruce Lenhardt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5098
Send a message via ICQ to Bruce Lenhardt
We think of you and Dianna often and you are in our prayers daily. Keep us posted as to progress.
Bruce Lenhardt is offline   Reply With Quote