Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Our Big Day Is Tuesday

Good Afternoon:

Our big day is tommorow -- 1st Trip out in our new Montana 2955.

We are heading south to the KOA in North Stonington, CT for 3 days.

Its a short trip, about 130 miles -- all Interstate, except for the last 1500 feet.

We visited the park back in May to check things out --

We will be on a pull-thru and its pretty much a straight shot in and out of the park.

The anticipation of this trip has been incredible since our little mishap (hitting the telephone pole on our test drive) -- but we can do this !

I have been faithfully reading all of the posts for the past year and once again want to thank everyone for their tips and tricks and the frequent words of encouragement to each other.

When I get over my anxiety -- I hope to run into some of you in our travels. I feel by reading your posts, I already know you.

We have another short trip planned for the end of the month and then we are scheduled for a 12 day trip to Washington DC in Mid August -- we will be staying at the KOA in Millersville

I will update our Travel Page, once we land in CT

Thanks again for a great forum.

rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Ray & phyllis

You have already checked out the camp ground and have a pull thru site.Great way to go on your first trip.No surprizes which is a good thing.I feel your excitment and I wish you well on your trip.Let us all know how things went.

John
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2007, 01:55 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
"You can't learn to swim on a piano bench", old proverb. Congratulations on getting into the water. Come on in, the water's fine. Happy RVing.....

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:28 AM   #4
Wandering Star
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #50
RPS
If you guys are looking for a good place to go in your home state with your Monty, try Sweet Water forest in Brewster Mass on Cape Cod. we go there quite a bit, just got back from three weeks and we will be going back in Sept. and Oct.
Good luck on your trip and the fun has just begun.
Jon
Wandering Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 02:57 AM   #5
Wifeofdano
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5664
Ray & Phyllis,
I'm so excited for you! You'll do just fine. We also read alot and felt very comfortable on our first trips because of all the great info on this forum. Gotta love the pull throughs! Dano is getting better at backing up now, (still gotta get some bigger mirrors!) but I think he still prefers the pull throughs! It's funny how even when we go to a little State Park just 8 miles away, we are SOOOO far from home! Hope you have a fantastic time! You know that help is just a post away!! Enjoy!
Lisa

P.S, Stiles - I love your old proverb quote!!
Wifeofdano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
rps
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6052
Good Morning

Well we made it .. Got a late start leaving home, but arrived at the CG safe & sound at 5:15pm. KOA helped us get the unit onto the site and leveled

We had the "TRAILER FAULT" indicator come on, several times durimg our trip -- we did not lose lights or brakes when this happened.

Ford Owner manual says could be electrical short or too much electricity -- fortunately there is an RV shop on site here and I will be checking with them for ideas when they open.

Now, its time to chill & finally relax -- we can do this !
rps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 03:04 AM   #7
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Congratulations on your new 2955. You will do just fine and will get the hang of it in a short time.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote