Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2007, 06:56 AM   #1
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
No flame in fireplace?

Hi all,
For once this isn't a question for me. Our assistant manager here in the park has a Montana with the fireplace and she said all of a sudden her flames aren't working in the fireplace, she has the light, fan,heat, but no flames. Bulb maybe? She has no internet service and asked me if I knew what it could be, I said no but I "happen" to know some folks who may!
Thanks from her and I.
Chris

Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:15 AM   #2
Imp
Montana Master

M.O.C. #956
Her bulbs may be out. There are 2 - 15W bulbs above and 4 (no greater than 60W) bulbs under the logs. They are chandelier bulbs with the very small screw in. I think it is E12. The GE bulb I got was a 40W clear #91849 for the underneath bulbs. She should plan on replacing all 6 as it is a beast to take off the mantel etc. You pop out the wood covers to the screws, unscrew the mantel and remove, carefully lift out the glass (clean or dust with damp rag)& set carefully to the side. Gently lift out the logs and you will find the bulbs. Replace all 6 bulbs. Of course you turn it off before starting. You can feel the upper bulbs and be sure to put 15W bulbs up there. Then reverse the procedure and you are done. Good luck.
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:21 AM   #3
Roamingusa
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4995
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Imp

Her bulbs may be out. There are 2 - 15W bulbs above and 4 (no greater than 60W) bulbs under the logs. They are chandelier bulbs with the very small screw in. I think it is E12. The GE bulb I got was a 40W clear #91849 for the underneath bulbs. She should plan on replacing all 6 as it is a beast to take off the mantel etc. You pop out the wood covers to the screws, unscrew the mantel and remove, carefully lift out the glass (clean or dust with damp rag)& set carefully to the side. Gently lift out the logs and you will find the bulbs. Replace all 6 bulbs. Of course you turn it off before starting. You can feel the upper bulbs and be sure to put 15W bulbs up there. Then reverse the procedure and you are done. Good luck.
Thanks IMP, I will let her know. She will appreciate the info. She is very recently widowed and is kind of lost....
Thanks again, Chris
Roamingusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:21 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I have had to replace mine twice now.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 09:50 AM   #5
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
The bulbs maybe just need screwed in they become loose running down the road
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 04:02 PM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I had to replace my motor. Dimplex sent me another one. And as a precaution, I would go ahead and unplug the unit after you pull it out of the cubby hole. I've had mine out a couple times now. Always fun...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote