Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Any PBR fans?

WoooooHoooooo, we are, and I gotta brag on a hometown boy. As some of you are aware, the PBR World Finals are underway in Las Vegas. Tonight was round 2 of a 9 round event, and L.J. Jenkins, the young man ( 19 yrs. old ) that's leading the event, is not only a hometown boy, he's my partner's stepson. We are really really proud of him and I had to let you guys know. OK I'm done now.

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:25 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lonnie,
I am a huge PBR fan! Have been watching and he is on top of his game!!! Looking forward to Round 3...
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
I'm ready for round 3 too Dave, I guess I feel the same way about bull riding as most others do about football. I was so hyped up about L.J awhile ago, I forgot to mention a nephew, Austin Meier who is in second place for Rookie of The Year.
You need to come down here when were practicing, I'll let you have MY job, running the gate.
Old 10-28-2006, 07:39 PM   #4
Bluegill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6121
I must be hungry, I was thinking PBJ. Peanut Butter & Jelly

Sorry
Bluegill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 07:46 PM   #5
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
hahahaha, Sorry Blue didn't mean to make you hungry.......now I'm hungry, PBJ sounds pretty good, lol.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:25 PM   #6
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lonnie,
I would be in heaven to watch them in action while practicing!!! Austin Meier is your newphew!!! He is another guy who is making a name for himself... I am only into 2 sports, soccer and the PBR! Since I did not have the guts to even try bull riding as a kid, I chose soccer. =) You can bet I will be watching these 2 in the upcoming rounds...
Old 10-29-2006, 02:20 AM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Oops, I may have missled you a bit Montana Sky, Austin is my partners nephew, Rusty Patrick too. These boys, their parents, and grandparents, kinda " adopted " me into their family years ago. I guess that's why I'm so proud of them, and I feel like they are my own kin.
It gladdens my heart to see another dedicated PBR fan . I'll have to hook you up with the " boys ".
Old 10-29-2006, 03:13 AM   #8
indy roadrunner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5634
PBR Papst Blue Ribbon, some of the best beer I ever tasted especially on a hot dusty day while out plowing the fields.

Oh you mean bull riding, yeah that is some event to watch. I tried that event in a high school rodeo when I was younger the bull knocked some sense in my head and I haven't tried it since.

It is really something when you know somebody competing. Makes it a lot more fun.
indy roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:59 AM   #9
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Hahahaha, I tried it once too Indy, that's all it took for me as well. The kids can have the spills, I'll get my thrills helping them get their's.
Our youngest son, Chance, was all geared up and gung-ho to be a bull rider too, but Mom showed us she was the boss, so he opted for throwing a rope.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:48 AM   #10
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
That is too cool you can participate and know someone competing Lonnie. I followed my cousin around CO years ago when he was doing it, but after several modified body parts he quit and I guess I quit following it.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 05:43 AM   #11
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
It is pretty cool Brad, I enjoy it alot. Sometimes it gets to be a pain for Vanessa though, she does alot of pictures for LJ and even did his graduation announcements. I keep telling her she needs to start doing it for a living, so we could just travel around from event to event, but she probably thinks she'd be doing all the work and I'd be having all the fun. Imagine that, lol.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:06 AM   #12
txkrumm
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5920
Lonnie B,
My fav is the old guy, Adriano Moraes. Like Chris Shivers too! Love the PBR, would like to see the NFR in vegas someday. I do like JW as well. Haven't seen any rodeo with being in Grad school...
That is awesome about your "kinfolk"! I am sure he's the pride of your hometown. I will be watching for LJ...
t
txkrumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I LOVE PBR!!!! I am a rodeo freak. I used to produce rodeos and there is nothing more fun than a rodeo. The sights, smells and stories of each cowboy. There is a whole colt following. Give me rodeo over any other sport anyday!
Okie Phil
I need to clarify something my partner just pointed out to me.
1. Halter Horse Show(not a sport to Phil)
2. PBR/Rodeo
3. The other sports
Sorry gotta support the income.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Round 3, still in the lead, cool.

Tara, I like the old guy too, it would be nice to see him win the World Title for the 3rd time.

Okie Guy, don't fret the small stuff. I also have to support the income, that's why I'm watching it on tv instead of being in Las Vegas. I may go next weekend, just have to see how it goes.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:18 PM   #15
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I want to be in Vegas right now!! L.J. riding 3 for 3, rode Red Alert tonight for 87.5!

I heard Rob Smets is calling it quits, going to retire from bull fighting. That man has sure done alot for the PBR...

I did not get to watch all of round 3 tonight, how did Mike Lee do??
Old 10-29-2006, 11:30 PM   #16
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
Enjoy the PBR. Our friends have lent us their dish to watch the finals. They are redoing their park model, and have no TV at the momment. Nice to see the young guys doing so well. We both grew up around Rodeo, and Phil rodeoed and roped. Our neighbours were the Keeleys. Glen was killed at a PBR event about 5 years ago. The PBR treated his family like the were fammily. Great bunch of people.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #17
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
I love PBR. My nephew was an aspiring bull rider until one stepped on his chest. He is OK, but he lost the fire and has never gotten it back. Its a tough life, but a very exciting one. When I was in my teens (a very long time ago) I rode saddle broncs, but never had the guts to ride a bull. Those guys have my full respect and admiration.
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:51 PM   #18
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Dave, Mike Lee rode ( by the skin of his teeth ) a bull called Big Mike for a score of 86.5 putting him #8 in the event standings. Yes Rob Smets is retiring after 28 years. With 3 broken necks and countless other injuries, he's lucky to be alive, probably wouldn't be but for Devine Intervention.

smc, I remember when Glen was killed, if I remember right it was in Albuquerque NM. It was a sad day for all involved.

montanared, glad your nephew came through his bull riding experience OK. Your right, it is a tough and very exciting life, but without the burning desire to be the best, it's best to persue other dreams. One attempt at a bull was enough for me, I figured out in about 3 seconds how tough I wasn't.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:18 PM   #19
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Lonnie,
Thanks for the update! Looking forward to round 4!
Old 11-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tara,
Just an update on your boy Adriano Moraes, he has now rode 4 out of 4 bulls!

Correction~
L.J. is in the number 2 spot.