Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #1
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
3400RL

We have a new 3400RL did the walk through everything checked out had a couple bad 12V fuses. Does anyone know how many inches the slide with the TV cabinet and computer desk comes out. The unit is still at the dealer we have a seasonal site and want to make sure it will fit without moving our deck.

John and Peggy

jayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #2
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Congratulations on your new Montana, I cannot help with how many inches your slide comes out but someone sould be along soon with the answer you need.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 02:47 PM   #3
William H. Collier
Montana Master

M.O.C. #798
37inches, its 3ft on each side.
Bill
William H. Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Congrats on your new coach. Hope you enjoy your new 3400RL as much as I do mine.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:32 AM   #5
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
Bill thanks for the info looks like I will be moving my deck we had a Holiday Rambler it was nice but not as open as the Montana is.
Old 02-17-2005, 05:28 AM   #6
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Congrat on your new 34RL Montana ..we are soon going to pick up ours too! I happy to hear your walk through went good!
campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:07 AM   #7
1putt
Established Member

M.O.C. #971
Jayers, welcome to the "3400 club"! We picked ours up 2 weeks ago. I'm pretty sure mine measures 39" when out.
FYI: After walk thru, we experienced a bad inverter, mis-marked tank valves, and it appears the LP regulator tank switch is not working properly. Hope yours arrives in better condition than mine. I'm a bit frustrated with Keystone and my dealers quality control procedures. These items were not "tested" during the normal walk-thru. It took a week to discover these while I loaded personal things and re-wired the A/V system. (Glad we weren't on the road!)Like many other Montana owners, I took out that "piece of junk" Qwest DVD and heavyweight Toshiba TV. Note: If anyone wants a Satellite receiver in the Bedroom with the signal routed thru existing cables, you will have to open up the antenna booster, disconnect the middle of 3 cables on the back of the plate and connect directly to the sat receiver. I also found that there aren't any door stays to hold the double doors on the left side basement access. The wind will blow them while open so, I added 2 stays. However, the right side door when open, covers the furnace exhaust. Keystone should have put a downward directional cover over the exhaust similar to a dryer vent common in most homes. I will fabricate one soon. With 2 non-locking latches on these same doors at the top, it is possible to open both latches and literally tear this double door open by hand even with a lock at the bottom. So, I added a second lock to the left door, just to keep those honest thieves honest. Sorry to have drifted off topic to your question but thought you or others might be interested in my adventures.
1putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 08:14 AM   #8
1putt
Established Member

M.O.C. #971
I forgot to mention the best upgrade. A "noodle" (pool float) or pipe insulation placed along the bottom of the bedroom slide while out will reduce the number of headaches one gets while in/out of the left side basement.
Yes, I learned this the hard way.
1putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 12:26 PM   #9
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
Congrats on the new 3400. I agree with 1 putt's solution to avoid headaches. We have been very fortunate and can say that we didn't have any issues that would have been found by our dealer. The normal "remote thermostat" still has to be solved, but ours has been fairly trouble free. We also had the "Qwest" replacement and I will keep after them if I have further problems. I'll just copy some of these postings off and send to my dealer/Keystone. Good luck. Also, thanks 1 putt for the satellite solution. Might do that this year. I like to watch a little TV in bed sometimes.
Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2005, 01:58 PM   #10
jayers
Established Member

M.O.C. #2876
Thanks for all the good info and what to watch out for. One thing that was nice in the HR the antenna booster had a selector switch that I could watch one thing in the bedroom while the wife could watch something else in the living room. Also our lot runs downhill and I could walk under the front of the fifth wheel and not hit my head. Good info on the double doors will be adding a second lock also.

John and Peggy
Old 02-17-2005, 02:14 PM   #11
DiananColin
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #447
Send a message via Yahoo to DiananColin
I will second the use of the noodle - heads bleed real well after contact with the bedroom slide!
DiananColin is offline   Reply With Quote