Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-13-2018, 11:23 PM   #21
Butchiiii
Established Member

M.O.C. #22836
Thanks for the input. We have a bit to think about after more time at the rv show this weekend.

Butchiiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:40 PM   #22
donhov
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #14649
We full time in a 2014 Mountaineer 373fl in Florida. As above love the front living space, much open room. With 5 slides we are comfortable. Being full time we acquire a little more junk than usual but it is livable. Every thing should have a place and if it dosen't get rid of it. Very open living, has reasonable storage, not as much as our 33' footer but I have been able to make it work. The rear under bed outside storage keeps a lot of junk that we have been slowly getting weeded out. It had slide awnings and would not be without them.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
reinell30
Established Member

M.O.C. #18462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChasManDo View Post
Take a look at the reverse model of the 3731FL...It would be a 3790/91RD. It is the same layout with the den and bedrooms flipped. We went with this model because there is a ton of outside storage around the whole trailer. In the rear, which would be under the den there is a large hatch with a 9ft slide out type drawer that can hold a bunch. I don't think we can totally fill all the space in ours. Might be worth checking out....
I too love the 3790/3791 except for the length. I asked Keystone to add 4 foot of length to make the coach not look so boxy.
I currently have the RL3500 with the French doors and love this floor plan. Again only 4 feet short. Hopefully keystone will make this again with the added length.
The 3731 FL is nice but the storage is limited. I would like two recliners upstairs instead of the loveseat. Everyone prefers a recliner too a sofa type seat. If Keystone would add 4 feet to this model, it would have ample storage and be the perfect RV.
I know a lot of folks shy away from 43 feet, but it is really nice. Keystone makes the High Country in 43 ft length so they can make these.
reinell30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #24
cwestl
Established Member

M.O.C. #20911
Send a message via AIM to cwestl Send a message via MSN to cwestl Send a message via Yahoo to cwestl
We have a 3711FL which is a 2015 model. We bought it due to my height. This model also has the Bath in the rear so I have a lot of head room in the shower. O did I mention I am 6'9" Tall so this floor plan work for us. The one draw back for us is the awning covers the dinning room slide which limits how much room you have to sit under the awning.
Old 10-17-2018, 01:34 PM   #25
reinell30
Established Member

M.O.C. #18462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchiiii View Post
Thanks for the input. We have a bit to think about after more time at the rv show this weekend.
Being in southern Cal, you have all kinds of options to look at. If you get a chance, look at a Elite Suite Nashville 44 and a Landmark 365. These will show you why you buy a Montana. They are beautiful coaches with almost the exact options and floor space for twice the money. One has to look before they make the big purchase. Piece of mind.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:00 PM   #26
Butchiiii
Established Member

M.O.C. #22836
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinell30 View Post
Being in southern Cal, you have all kinds of options to look at. If you get a chance, look at a Elite Suite Nashville 44 and a Landmark 365. These will show you why you buy a Montana. They are beautiful coaches with almost the exact options and floor space for twice the money. One has to look before they make the big purchase. Piece of mind.

Yes we looked at both the DRV Nashville 44 and the Landmark 365 at the show. They were stunning in looks and price tag. I think that we have decided on the 3791RD unit at less than 1/2 the price.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:11 PM   #27
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
I have a new 2019 3731 and don't have any issues with storage but I dont really want to haul around a bunch of stuff I dont really need either. My biggest gripe is that its been at the dealer for most of the time I've had it for various issues that should have been fixed before i ever took delivery. I've had it for over 3 months and got to use it twice.
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #28
reinell30
Established Member

M.O.C. #18462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butchiiii View Post
Yes we looked at both the DRV Nashville 44 and the Landmark 365 at the show. They were stunning in looks and price tag. I think that we have decided on the 3791RD unit at less than 1/2 the price.
You will be happy. keystone takes care of their customers.
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #29
Bear6201
Established Member

M.O.C. #21308
Talking 3731fl

We purchased our 3731fl in March of this year my wife has been in love with this floor plan for a long time. We love the front living room for the openness and windows, it really feels like a separate living room from the rest of the rig. Basement storage does leave a little to be desired not as much space as I rear living room had.
if you happen to get one you really need to watch the front entrance door when you raise and lower the awning it will get in the way of the arms and bend them an unbelievable shapes. We have now put a sign on the control to shut door before opening or closing.
our grandkids really love the fact that both opposing couches turn into beds and darn near touch when totally open.
We love ours and would recommend anyone else this looking for one
Bear6201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:29 PM   #30
reinell30
Established Member

M.O.C. #18462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cghsatx View Post
I have a new 2019 3731 and don't have any issues with storage but I dont really want to haul around a bunch of stuff I dont really need either. My biggest gripe is that its been at the dealer for most of the time I've had it for various issues that should have been fixed before i ever took delivery. I've had it for over 3 months and got to use it twice.
I am hearing more and more of this. What has changed at the factory?
Old 10-17-2018, 02:34 PM   #31
Butchiiii
Established Member

M.O.C. #22836
Quote:

Wow that sucks. You would think that the factories could get things right the 1st time and I hear over and over again that dealer service sucks everywhere
Old 10-17-2018, 02:45 PM   #32
kathdear
Established Member

M.O.C. #22747
My husband and I have done the same thing for the last two years. This spring we ordered the 3730Fl. We live it. Much more room with the front living. The 3790RD is very nice with lots and lots of storage but the down fall there is the more storage you fill then you have a ton more weight. With the smaller storage it makes you keep your weight down.
kathdear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 02:54 PM   #33
Joiner

M.O.C. #20223
have a 2015 3711 fl legacy all the storage we need have not seen anything we like as much but we keep looking
Joiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #34
cghsatx
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22453
Quote:
Originally Posted by reinell30 View Post
I am hearing more and more of this. What has changed at the factory?
I recently heard that Keystone is making a real effort (adding space?) to improve quality so maybe next years buyers will have better luck. I know people will comment that this is just the way it is with many RVs but that doesn't make it right. Apparently the RV industry is backwards in that a new one is more trouble and costly than a late model used one that has had all the issues fixed.
cghsatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:03 PM   #35
reinell30
Established Member

M.O.C. #18462
Quote:
I recently heard that Keystone is making a real effort (adding space?) to improve quality so maybe next years buyers will have better luck. I know people will comment that this is just the way it is with many RVs but that doesn't make it right. Apparently the RV industry is backwards in that a new one is more trouble and costly than a late model used one that has had all the issues fixed.
My friend just bought a Carbon 43 foot toy hauler. It is Keystone. Lots of problems. Problem that one would think a little quality control wouldn't allow. This sucks. American made should stand for something again!
Old 10-17-2018, 05:52 PM   #36
tgkittle

M.O.C. #22047

We have a 3731FL and love it. We would like a little more basement storage; however, if you pack correctly, we have plenty of room. With the 2019 3761FL, you get a 1/2 bath and more outside storage, but you lose the 2nd set of stairs and one slide out. The 3731 has 6 slide outs and the 3761 has 5. When you add a half bath, you are giving up some room somewhere else. As someone has already mentioned, it is a matter of preference. We had a tough time deciding which one to choose.

B&W Companion slider hitch
tgkittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:01 AM   #37
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
We've had the 3731FL for year now, our second 5th wheel and we love it. The room we have in the l/r is great for entertaining and we have no problem with storage. If you don't go with a washer/dryer you have a huge storage/pantry area in the kitchen plus there is outside/inside storage under the bed. We are half timers staying South for 6 months and we actually don't use all the storage we have. I agree with others that the more room you have the more junk you carry and that is all extra weight. I also agree that it's all a matter of personal preference.

Welcome to the forum and have fun enjoying the RV lifestyle.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:50 AM   #38
Mikan5156

M.O.C. #21670
We have been in ours since May and really love it. One thing I have discovered is the storage space is not as ample as our other campers. And the placement of the bathroom light switch is ridiculous. Other than those 2 issues we are very happy with ours Mike & Kan
Mikan5156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:38 AM   #39
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgkittle View Post

We have a 3731FL and love it. We would like a little more basement storage; however, if you pack correctly, we have plenty of room. With the 2019 3761FL, you get a 1/2 bath and more outside storage, but you lose the 2nd set of stairs and one slide out. The 3731 has 6 slide outs and the 3761 has 5. When you add a half bath, you are giving up some room somewhere else. As someone has already mentioned, it is a matter of preference. We had a tough time deciding which one to choose.

Looked at the floor plan for the 3761 and it's nice. One drawback I noticed is that it looks like if you stop on the road and wanted to use the bathroom as we often do you would have to open a slide to get to it since there is no back steps.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:29 AM   #40
LaydBack
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21214
We have the 2018 3731 Legacy and love it. We thought we’d be strapped for storage, but are actually fairing rather well. We also thought about the 3791, and some of the things that came to mind were that we spend a lot of time outside, and do most of our cooking outside. We liked that the bathroom was right at the rear entrance in the 3731 and that the kitchen was right at the other entrance. These are the 2 main reasons we enter the camper throughout the day, and that leaves only 1 set of steps to deal with for the most part. Some people don’t mind the 2 sets of steps if you’re in the living room and need to go to the bedroom or bathroom, but some friends we know said that that got old quick. As far as storage, we have ample enough that I actually installed a 43” TV on a slide mount in our basement. Not to debate the other poster, but I have tilted our awning and the auto dump works fine with the dinette slide. That was actually one of the questions I had answered from the factory before ordering ours. I was at the rally and the 3761 prototype still had some things being worked out. It looks like you trade inside pantry/storage space for the half bath, and the added outdoor storage, so I guess it comes down to a matter of “where” you need the storage and how much you like stairs inside. Good luck, I think you’ll be happy with either of the 3 floorplans, if you can still find a 3731, just make sure you really think about which of the packages suits you best for your needs and style of camping/living.
LaydBack is offline   Reply With Quote