Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 03-24-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Tyler, Texas

Thank you sooooo much Padredw for telling us about the Azalea Festival going on in Tyler, TX. We got in yesterday and have walked for miles and taken hundreds of pictures. It is wonderful and we never would have stopped if you hadn't told us about it. It will take me several hours to post my pictures on our web site but they will get there semetime.

What a nice welcome to Texas.

Helen and Bill

adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 12:09 PM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
It's a wonderful time of the year to be in east Texas! You're making me a little homesick as azaleas are such a part of our spring in the southeast. Tyler is so beautiful when the bushes are in bloom. I'm sure you almost wore out your camera.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #3
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Welcome to East Texas, Helen and Bill. I'm glad you got to be in Tyler during the Azalea Trail. We've been watching the progress of blooming and it seems the "best is yet to be." The dogwood and tulips, though, were at their height.

Come back to see us!
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
Almost wore out my camera and my feet Judy. I was so glad that I had a 1G memory card cuz I took over 300 pictures. I just had to keep on wanting one more. LOL.

David, I don't know how there could be any more "best" to come. This was perfect the way it was.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:17 PM   #5
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Helen, your pictures are beautiful, as usual. But I must agree with David. You ain't seen nuttin' yet. Those azaleas will eventually have a blanket of blooms and be an almost solid color. They're probably a week away from their peak, especially with the warm weather that Texas is having now.

Callaway Gardens in west Georgia is also an amazing place to see azaleas. They should be blooming in the next couple of weeks.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 02:44 PM   #6
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
Not only for AdelMoll but for others who may be "bluebonnet hunting", here are some web sites which I have found helpful. Last year was not a good year for the wildflowers around Fredericksburg, but things were much better around Brenham, Texas (nearer Houston). Anyway, here are some of those sites:

http://www.lone-star.net/mall/txtrai.../sightings.htm

http://www.dot.state.tx.us/travel/flora_conditions.htm

http://community.wildflowerhaven.com/

http://www.phototravel.com/wildflower/wf_tx.htm

I guess that is enough for now. I may repeat this message in a new thread on "Wildflowers".
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote