Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-27-2005, 12:44 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Picked up the 2955RL Montana!

It was a beautiful day, no rain or snow! They were great about the PDI We only found a rubber peice on the window that was popped up and the service man fixed it. They gave us a starter kit,it contained pressure regulator, pack of tt, pack of chemical,deluxe sewer hose, teflon disk, sewer connector, water hose and a parts book. First time we had every received anything from a dealer! We noticed that there was only one vent cover(I told them I would put them on)no problem went and got another one. They even gave a vent for the fantanstic fan! They even hooked the fiver to the truck to make sure we were all level and correct!
When we go home we went inside to see how everything was.We were in shock, the tv in the bedroom cabinet was wrecked! The screws from the cabinet rubbed on the face of the tv! We called the dealer and yesterday we took the damaged tv back and they had a new one sitting waiting for us. This one fit better and no need to worry about the face hitting again. Wow I was so reliefed!
All in all we are 100% happy with the Montana and the Dealer. We will go for a shake down when it warms up! Thanks everyone for all your help on what to look for while picking this up it helped greatly! Oh I forgot to say it towed soooooooo nice too!

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
What you experienced with your Montana dealer seems quite typical and keeps us owners smiling. It's one of the best things about a Montana....dealer support.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Congratulations, Campbud! Sounds like you got a really good dealer. Would you mind telling us his name and city? We often bash bad dealers but I think good ones need some attention, too.

I've had dealers give us 'starter kits' but this is the first I've heard of one giving the teflon disk. Maybe others do that, too, but we always bought our own or had them transfer it from the tradein.

Don't hesitate to tell your dealer you said good things about them on the nearly 2000-member Montana Owners Club!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:13 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Campbud you got yourself a good dealer there and like Steve says tell us his name. Who know's, we may be in his area and might want to prevail upon him for some needed service.

The only thing that came with our Monty was the 30 AMP cord. The only other "starter" kit we got from our dealer was a 25 dollar gift certificate. Good only in the dealers own high priced store. Everything he carried was from 15% to 25% higher than Camping World. I won't mention his name but anyone that bought a Montana in central or western New York or at the RV show in Harrisburg knows of whom I speak.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:40 AM   #5
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on your new purchase. Really glad things went well for you. Hope all your expectations are exceeded as you launch your new adventure.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
Joyce H
Montana Master

M.O.C. #266
Bob & Kathy, Glad you have a good dealer and that you enjoyed your delivery. We feel it is important to shop for a dealer as well as a floor plan. This was especially true for our first year. Now that we are on the road more and no longer reside in the area where we purchased our unit, we too would like to make a list of good dealers and locations to keep handy when we are traveling. For those of you traveling through GA we can highly recommend Camper City in Buford, GA.
Joyce H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:58 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Glenn and Lorraine,sreigle and Joyce H:
We purchased our Monty off of CollierRV Super Center in Rockford IL.We felt the staff were very friendly and went out of the way to make sure we were happy with our purchase. Most of all there was no pressure put on you to purchase anything! We are very pleased so far with there customer service, in sales, in the parts department and there store. It has been our best experience yet!!
Old 02-27-2005, 11:40 AM   #8
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Congratulations on your new Monty. Glad your dealer experience was a good one. I look forward to your travel experiences once you hit the road.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 05:45 AM   #9
Montana_1750
Established Member

M.O.C. #1750
Congratulations on your new monty We have had ours about 9 months now and just love to get it out
My wife and i look for about two years before buying our 2955rl 04
we went to rv shows and this MOC site and to alot of dealers here in SO Calif: the monty is definetly the best 5er out there we have had no major problems and only a couple little ones lose nuts and bolts etc.
The dealer we went to did the same they gave us a large starter kit containing alot of stuff including TP,50amp cord,parts book,sewer hose and connects, tank treatment,and so much more And there was no high presure sale pitch We really like our PDI walk thought we used a video cam to record everything so we could go back to it if we forgot something. and the lady that did it really knew her stuff
Our dealer was Mike Thompson's Rv Super Store Fountain Valley Calif:
We our looking forward to here about your adventures
Hey the tv that they gave you to replace the damage one in the bedroom was it the same color as the one in the living room?
Montana_1750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 11:28 AM   #10
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
FireMech: Yes it was the same color and the volume on this one was much better along with a better fit!
Old 03-05-2005, 02:30 PM   #11
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Glad to hear that there's a good Montana dealer in Rockford. My dad lives in Sandwich, Illinois and we'll be visiting him with our Montana. Might just need a little help along the way. Judy
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 02:48 PM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
You will love the 2955 Happy RVing
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 06:45 PM   #13
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Congratulations on your new Monty. I know you will have lots of good trips with it. I have seen you all on Trailer Life Forum. We are the ones with the new 3295 Montana.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 07:33 AM   #14
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Dusty and Don, Glad you found this forum! We really enjoy it and the people here are so friendly and have some wonderful ideas!!
Old 03-07-2005, 01:05 AM   #15
Montana_2785
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2785
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by campbud

Glenn and Lorraine,sreigle and Joyce H:
We purchased our Monty off of CollierRV Super Center in Rockford IL.We felt the staff were very friendly and went out of the way to make sure we were happy with our purchase. Most of all there was no pressure put on you to purchase anything! We are very pleased so far with there customer service, in sales, in the parts department and there store. It has been our best experience yet!!
I got our rig from a private party so I don't have experience with the sales staff, but I will second the support from Collier RV. Jon (service writer) and Kim (parts) are wonderful people to work with. After waiting for 2 months for parts to come in to repair the previous owners damage, Jon came in on his day off (Son's B'day no less!) when we picked the rig up to make sure that we were happy with the repairs.

The parts in the store are priced at a bit of a premium, but for all except the high $$$ items, if I need it I get it there when I'm in the area.

Eric
Montana_2785 is offline   Reply With Quote