Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC REGIONAL CAMPING CLUBS > Camping Clubs within MOC
Click Here to Login

Old 03-16-2015, 08:12 PM   #1
egregg57
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15998
Send a message via Yahoo to egregg57
Clubs and groups...

My wife and I belong to two groups. One we are inactive with, but in the day (a few years ago, the forum was a fun place to spend time. Our Rallies were great too. But then some things happened with administrators, stuff got ugly and many of the more commonly known members stopped participating.

Many of those that we knew and were friends with are very active members of Dog and Trailer camping forum. We are an active group! There are MOC members that are members of D&T (as we like to call it) as well.

Keystone was watching us on line. They were impressed with what they saw on our forum. They asked our Rally Master about spending a day or two with us to put together a commercial or documentary about camping in Outback campers.

Two days ended up being a week. The first day they showed up at Smugglers den campground, they could not find but a few members of our group. The couple of people pointed to a fire tower on top of Beech Hill Mountain and told them that is where were.

I think they were expecting a lot of hot dog cooking, marshmallow roasting, and people hanging out. Hence their 2 day visit turned into a 5 day visit. We wore the camera people out... Here is the link below, and only a fraction of the filming Keystone did.

You need no specific brand of RV, no particular class of vehicle, (we haven't seen any tents yet... but that isn't a vehicle.. what-ever! ) There is a cross section of professions, fire fighters, police, veterans, technical people, retired, business owners, you name it we are a mish mash.

However we all do have some things in common. A vast majority of us like outdoor activities. Hiking, fishing, Kayaking, etc. We have rallies in places like Acadia, the White Mountains of NH. We are going into our fourth Spring Kick-Off rally in Connecticut the first week of May.

A few members have known each other for more than 10 years. I think the best part about D&T is there are no expectations. There is no clique. Everyone is treated with mutual respect. Our campfires are epic, our Pot Lucks.....fit for a king, and the families, well they all seem like part of the family.

My wife and I always look forward to making the rallies. We can't do them all as there are some that end up in places that we can't go to because we've burnt vacation time on other rallies! Some of those have been Raystown PA, the Roller Coaster Mecca (Cedar Point) in Sandusky, Ohio for example.

Heck there is even talk about a run out west!! I need to retire to have time to do these!! Couldn't think of a better group of people to share it with.

egregg57 is offline   Reply With Quote