Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2013, 06:25 AM   #1
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
INTERGRITY

Hi

I purchased a new car for my wife in 2011. It was the first delivery of 2012’s the dealer had.

My wife test drove the car and she like it and didn’t have a problem with front seat leg room.

So I wrote a check and she drove it home.

After about 2 weeks the car developed a shake in the front end.

The dealer went thru the normal trouble shooting procedures, tire balance etc.

After several months of this the dealer had the manufacturer come in and they changed the front axels three times over a period of about 2 months.

At 20 months old and 21,000 miles the dealer finally called us and told us that even though all of that model had the problem the manufacturer wasn’t going to repair the automobile.

We talked it over and went to see an attorney about filing under the Limon Law.

By now the car had 23,000 miles on it.

Then one morning we got a call from the dealer requesting us to come to the new car department.

The new car department sat us down and made the statement that the dealer’s policy was to make sure the purchaser of a new care was happy with their purchase. They wanted to inspect the car.

They inspected the car and noted that it was now 22 months old and had 25,000 miles on it.

The dealer then instructed us to come back tomorrow in 2 vehicles so we had transportation.

We assumed they were going to work on the car again.

Well we got there and they gave us a check for the purchase price of the car less the sales tax, title fees and license tag fees.

This car was 22 months old and had more than 1,000 miles a month on it and the dealer gave us our money back.

Now that’s INTERGRITY.

Phil P

If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
K0LCB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13395
I am glad to hear that! My dad was in the business many years, and as far as I know he never had an unhappy customer. Small town dealers had to keep their customers
K0LCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
good result, but just mentioning the lemon law will sometimes make things move for the good..
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by racerjoe

good result, but just mentioning the lemon law will sometimes make things move for the good..
We never mentioned the Lemon Law to the dealer just the attorney for consultation. He told us we did everything correctly and to come to him at month 23 to file under the Lemon Law. Under the Lemon Law the dealer is allowed to charge you for the mileage. At 25,000 miles that would have been a little over ¼ the selling price of the car. The dealer did much better than that for us.

The only drawback!!!!

My wife picked out a new car that cost $12,000 more than the old one. LOL

Phil P
Old 12-12-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Care to give us the dealer and make/model of the vehicle??
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Sounds great. Just would've been nice to refund about a year earlier...
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
"INTERGRITY" some business people really do have it. It is the way you get and keep customers. Where will you buy your next car? Integrity it works.
Lynwood
mlh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:10 PM   #8
racerjoe
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7770
I am too glad that the dealer came through for you. I think you are just a softy when it comes to the DW. I also have a hard time saying no to my DW
racerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Hard to believe that happened in this day and age. Wonder how much the addition of the lawyer had to do with it.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:11 PM   #10
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
The word INTERGRITY tells me they had no choice.
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:25 PM   #11
HOOK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11401
Integrity - doing the right thing when no one is watching.
HOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 12:11 AM   #12
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Hi

dsprik

The dealer and the manufacturer had been working to resolve the problem. We had no intent to get rid of the car we really liked it and we wanted to have it repaired. Neither the dealer nor the manufacturer would ever admit this but it was a design flaw. Every loaner the dealer loaned us while they were working on the car had the same problem.

DQDICK

The dealer never knew we contacted a lawyer. There had not been any confrontational conversations because both the dealer and the manufacturer had been very active in trying to correct the problem.

mail2us

The choice the dealer had was to use the Lemmon Law and deduct about $8,000.00 from the refund for the 22 months and 25,000 miles of use. Had they made the offer reducing the refund by the calculated amount then in this state had we used a lawyer we would have been libel for their legal cost as well as ours.

For all of you.

The car is a very popular car that sells well and gets rite at 40MPG. The problem is it is weight sensitive to the weight in the front seat. I weigh 220 my wife weighs 145. With both of us in the front seat the front end had a shake. Put someone my weight in the back seat with us it went away. I am convinced it was a “caster” shake and the manufacturer didn’t provide any way to adjust “caster”. They have 3 different front axels in the parts book. They tried all three and didn’t fix it.

The only thing the dealer asks us not to do not demand or contracted us to do was not use the manufacturers name or the dealers name in communications like this.

One last thing. We had taken very good care of the car and it was in “show room” condition.

They have sold the car to a very nice young lady as is where is without warranty. They had provided her with copies of all the documents. She is so happy with the car she has named after my wife. We know her father he says she names all of her cars. she hasn’t reported any problems with the car.

Phil P
Old 12-14-2013, 01:26 AM   #13
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
I always read post on this forum to gain info. This is just my opinion but without knowing the dealer who treated the OP so well or the make of the car that has the manufacture defect this post is of no service to me. What did I miss? Jim