Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2004, 11:57 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
3400 RL-Frig On The Blin??

Hi Everyone,
Into our 2nd week here horse showing, and my frig is still not what I would call cold. The freezer is awesome, even have ice cream in it. I won't eat anything out of the frig as its just barely cool.

I am on propane but I can NOT find those little venty things that everyone said I could adjust in my frig to make it colder. I have a Dometic automatic unit.

Anyone else have this problem.

PS. My Ford Truck is still in Traverse City, been there now a week and they can't figure out whats going on. Twice while in Traverse it stalled and wouldnt start.

Take Care...any input on the frig would be appreciated.
Sue

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 04:10 PM   #2
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Sue if you look on the right hand side of ref. the fins go allway across the adjusment will be on the lasr fin. you should be able to slide it up & down. I can't tell the difference from electric or L P on ours.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:28 PM   #3
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by faeb and genb

Sue if you look on the right hand side of ref. the fins go allway across the adjusment will be on the lasr fin. you should be able to slide it up & down. I can't tell the difference from electric or L P on ours.
Gene
Do you mean the white plastic thing? with the wire attached to it??? Cause that's all I see on the far right-last fin. Mine was all the way down so I positioned it all the way up. Don't know if that's what your referring to, but that's all I see!!!
Old 08-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #4
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
Not to butt in, but YES that is it! Let us know if moving it makes a difference for you.

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 04:13 PM   #5
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by DrivesBGM

Not to butt in, but YES that is it! Let us know if moving it makes a difference for you.

Craig
I don't see any difference. I moved it last nite and still I am not eating anything in there. It's that iffy!!!!

Guess the good ol cooler is coming in handy.
Old 08-04-2004, 09:27 AM   #6
faeb and genb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #57
Sue I just checked ours & it is all way down. the last time we were out I pushed it up & it wasn't as cold so I moved it back down.
Gene
faeb and genb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 12:54 PM   #7
DrivesBGM
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3
This is a bummer!

I know that I saw a post about a year ago (perhaps on another Forum) that addressed the cold freezer / warm frig problem and I just can't find it!

Just want to let you know that you are not alone and there is a solution. Good luck in finding it!

Craig
DrivesBGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 03:26 AM   #8
Montana_1827

M.O.C. #1827
We have same problem in 2004 2850RK, have moved sensor all over fins, (up, down, different fin) with no change...on electric is great, but propane is a waste!!!!

Returning to dealer next week, will let all know.
Montana_1827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 05:37 AM   #9
Montana_1827

M.O.C. #1827
finally got unit back from dealer, they diagnosed low flame, cleaned gas orifice-no change- then replaced gas delonoid valve...works great so far
Montana_1827 is offline   Reply With Quote