Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2010, 12:47 PM   #1
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Half Time Oven

Just purchased a 2007 Montana 3400RL and we're delighted--can't wait to hit the road again!!
Going through the booklets,etc couldn't find a user manual for the 'Half Time Oven' so is one available on line and would also appreciate a link to the manufacturer since I can't find the metal tray which I think we need for convection cooking?? Thanks, B

barmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #2
billhoover
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7895
As a word of caution, I would not use that oven until you have the manual. Many people have had trouble with that oven because they did not read the instructions, they must be followed exactly.

Sent you a PM.
billhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
I will get the contact number for Half Time Oven Co.tomorrow and send it to you. I'm sure they can supply you with what you need. We have had a 3400RL for three years now and love it. I also love my Half Time Oven and use it exclusively for all my baking needs. We had a mishap just recently with the oven in transit and I am replacing it now, can't be without my half time oven.
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
TAKPAK
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8238
Barmar, we have the same Monty as you, a 2007 3400. We also love the halftime oven. DW wouldn't be without it. If you can't find the manual (I'm sure someone has it) I could copy ours and send it to you. Also, you can order a replacement metal tray from Apollo. We're thinking of getting an extra one, so I don't have to wait for a second batch of cookies while waiting for the first one to cool!

One thing we discovered when using the convection part of the oven, BE CAREFUL with metal pans, etc. Even though it is on convection mode, there must still be some static or magnetic buildup, as we discovered that when the turntable is turning, if anything metal comes too close to the edge of the oven walls, it WILL spark across. Need at least 1/2 inch clearance. So, just a word of warning on that.

I've done a few "mods" to ours, so if you have any questions, just ask!
2015 GMC Sierra 4X4 3500 SRW
TAKPAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 01:57 PM   #5
krtam
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7840
Barmar,
Call Kelly at Half Time Oven, 800-330-9707. They are a family owned company and manufacture residential and RV appliances. Kelly was very helpful, she had to refer me to their RV appliance customer service because I needed a new oven but told me that some parts, etc. could be ordered through her. I would start with Kelly because she is the daughter of the gentleman that invented the half time oven. Mid-West Sales is their RV appliance distributor but they handle lots of other companies. I felt I got much more personal attention from Kelly.
Terry has a good idea to have an extra metal tray for cookie making!
Sharon
krtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 AM   #6
vickir
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2215
Barmar ... I'll add my offer to all the other offers ... let me know if you'd like me to scan ours and email it to you.

I'm one of those who absolutely LOVE our half-time oven ... our gas oven is our bread box

Takpak, and anyone else for that matter ... Imp, a/k/a my dear friend Myrna, gave me an invaluable hint soon after we got our '07 3400 and I pass that hint along at every opportunity I get. Get a 12" pizza pan for things like cookies, biscuits, garlic bread. etc. ... it sets perfectly across the metal tray and is a lot easier to use and clean, as well as practically weightless and hardly take any space at all to store. Heck, get a couple ... then you won't have to wait for the cookies to cool!

Enjoy your 3400 ... we've full-timed in ours just over 4 years now and love it.
vickir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
barmar
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8385
Thanks very much to all who responded. Spoke to Kelly and also Mid-West and now have a copy of the 'Manual' via internet and can get a metal tray for $25. + S/H---thanks again folks!! The MOC sure is a great site!!
barmar is offline   Reply With Quote