Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2005, 04:49 AM   #1
Montana_247
Established Member

M.O.C. #247
Roof coming loose?

I just noticed that the fiberglass nose piece is coming loose from where the rubberized roof meets it. I know that the "nose cap" is not necessarily integrated with the roof but with that falling away like that can moisture get into the interior and cause dry rot? I presume this is covered under the warranty.

Montana_247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:57 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
If it were my rig, I would make haste to the dealer to get it repaired. It should be under warranty.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 04:59 AM   #3
Thunderman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #920
Ron,
In my opinion you could definitely have a leak in this area. Sounds like you noticed it early which is good. I would think your warranty would cover this. Others have experienced similar problems and I am sure you will see their posts.
I would contact my dealer ASAP. Good luck!
Thunderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:39 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
definately get it checked!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:45 AM   #5
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Ron,
Look at some of the other threads on this, we have just had a disscussion on some of this.
I hate to tell you this but the glue on the roof or anywhere else, siding, etc. is only covered 1 year. I contacted Keystone about a large bubble in our roof, (Glue not holding) If you look at my notes under rubber roof you will see what is going on. Your unit is a lot newer than mine we have a 2001, so you might have better luck then I am having. I sure wouldn't go any where with it though until you get it resolved. Like the other gentleman said you probally have moisture in there already. Hopefully you can get this resolved before the april showers.
If I can be of any help let me know.
Good luck,

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 08:34 AM   #6
Montana_265
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #265
I believe Keystone has a one year warranty... I sure hope they stand behind you on this. Good Luck! Keep us posted...
Montana_265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #7
harleyrider
Montana Master

M.O.C. #627
Ron & Sherri

I had the same problem on my Montana.All the screws but 2 came completely out of the roof.Their was a one inch gap across the entire front fiberglass cap.I called Keystone just today to ask what they authorized my dealer to fix.Talked to a very very nice women her name was Tina.They are going to replace the rubber roof and the fiberglass cap(big surprize their)beef up the front frame to solve the bed room slide crack problem.Replace the fiberglass siding on the kitchen slide(spider cracks)And replace the entire fiberglass on the bed room slide.After she told me this I was so relieved.looks like their is light at the end of this tunnel for me.Whooo Hooo.Hope things work out for you guys as well.
harleyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 12:19 PM   #8
Montana_738
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #738
Hey thats great Harleyrider, gald to hear the good news. Hopefully I will hear the same in a couple days.
I know they have had your rig tied up for sometime now, I hope they get at this right away for you.

Bill
Montana_738 is offline   Reply With Quote