Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2014, 05:26 AM   #1
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
In the midst of turmoil.....

One must always look for a bright side in the midst of tribulation. Hmmmm....what to do. Think of a place more pleasant........FLORIDA!! To Reserveamerica.com and the plan becomes reality. We will be spending the week before the Mid-Atlantic rally in the Pigeon Forge area at our favorite campground in the whole world. Reservations made at Topsail Hill Preserve State Park near Destin, FL. Corner site on the loop area, ahhhh, I can feel the relief already, now just have to wait until July!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:56 AM   #2
MIMF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2827
Bingo, you big tease!! You could have gone all day and not mentioned Topsail Hill Preserve State Park in Destin, FL!!!! Destin is only one of my most favorite places on earth! But, why aren't you headed down there right now? Oh wait! Perhaps they're full?
MIMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 07:01 AM   #3
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
No, that is not the primary reason Dale, it is that dreaded life event that some must still endure called WORK!! End of July, Florida Panhandle, DW will be in heaven with Heat Index 110-120. I will be under the awning with a fan and an iced tea!!
Bingo
Old 01-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #4
pineranch
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9765
Bingo,
Sorry but we will miss you. There is no heat index at 7500' in Colorado.
Mike
pineranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 09:47 AM   #5
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
I'll try to keep the panhandle warm for your return Mike!!
Bingo
Old 01-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #6
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hey Bingo, will that be sweet tea you'll be drinking, or like they say in Miss'ippi... "S'wait - tayeee"? It's the only sweetened tea I drink where the sweetness is brewed in, but otherwise I prefer my ice tea unsweetened.

I can picture Bingo, ice tea glass in one hand, under a shading awning and a fan blowing over the top of the glass in an attempt to gain any reduction in air temperature.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #7
Jewels
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #13667
So very sorry to hear you have been impacted by this situation! Please stay safe. I am of the opinion that all of experiences teach us valuable lessons that can be applied when faced with adversity. Many years ago we were in an ice storm that left us without power for 8 days. It was amazing what we thought of when faced with the situation, however I will admit for all eight days I still flipped the light switch when I entered a room. Hard to undo a life long action.

You and your family are in my prayers!
Jewels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:36 AM   #8
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Hey, Bingo. While you are camped in Destin, take a ride to Pensacola Beach and have lunch or dinner at Peg Leg Pete's. Their seafood will cure most tribulations. Washing it down with adult beverages helps too. I am not an oyster fan, but their oyster sampler plate is absolutely out of this world. (No they didn't pay me to say this, but maybe they should. I could use the money.)
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote