Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-13-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Bedroom TV switch to Flat screen

Spent the day figuring out and assembling the adapter necessary to use the existing door for the Tv cabinet.
Hope it works....
Slideshow:
http://tinyurl.com/4567qua

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
oldelmer1
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10758
Great job Ozz, maybe you should add to your buisness name, ie: HVAC/RV upgrades and repair.
oldelmer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I was thinking how labor intensive everything is, it's way different than my HVAC work. I wouldn't know how to charge.
Old 02-13-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Ozz-- I think you need to come up to Omaha and help with my mod job of the main teli. THEN I might venture into working on the one in the bedroom too!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 01:02 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rondo, I am saving the worst till last, have you started the job yet? I am thinking about a sliding base with a welded bracket to hold the arm. May have to sleep on it a few days.
Sue's car won't start, so I will be messing with that, think it is a starter solenoid. The thing clicks, I turn the headlights on, try and start it no dimming, so the starter motor isn't kicking in, but the dash instruments all peg when I try and start it, like a short.
It's always something.....
Old 02-15-2011, 04:08 AM   #6
JimF
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6260
Send a message via ICQ to JimF Send a message via AIM to JimF Send a message via Yahoo to JimF
Ozz, I took a little different approach, changed out the BR 19" tube type TV for a 26" LCD with built in DVD. I used the existing door and TV support wood for the project. Added a TV mount secured to aluminum angle, have behind the TV storage, etc. It travels nicely and I use the door to swing the TV around for viewing. Might try a look at a picture of the "behind" mount on ours. link is http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...ewTVBehind.jpg.
sorry for the long link, haven't figured out how to put a icon link into a respond note, and before all the administrators respond about how to do it, I really don't care, okay.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Jim, we are close, I like your bedroom TV idea. I am actually doing much the same thing, just adding the articulating arm for more viewing options.
How did you do the living room TV? I saw the pictures, what was it like before?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #8
grampachet
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8045
Ozz, here is another idea and what I did. The new flat screen just sits on the base INSIDE of the original door, I cut off that half moon part of the base of the door and left a two inch shelf for the tv to sit on. So with the flat screen sitting on the base I used two strips of Velcro about 10 inches long on both sides of the face edge of tv and original door. This holds the new tv in place very well and when I get back home just unplug wires and lift tv out and back into the stick bedroom. It was a very good fit (just by accident). I added a little 1 inch strip of trim painted black to the top where there was a 1/2 inch gap. Now the rest of the room left over behind the tv, I keep my wireless printer and other "stuff" out of sight and tidy. DW like it.
grampachet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:21 PM   #9
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cool idea, and very creative. When you start a project like this, it's a clean slate...a very confusing clean slate.
Old 02-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
Sorry for not getting back to you Ozz but got hit by that 24 hour flu bug and was down and out for the last day+. I haven't started anything on the unit yet since it's about 45 miles from here out at my home town and stored there! Wish I did have it here in Omaha so I could work on it when I want. Hoping to put up a new building to store the Monte in out at the farm this year. It will be insulated and have some heat in it so I can work in a light jacket in there on the unit when I want. It will get it out of the weather that way too. IF this weather keeps up I may be able to head out there and work on it a bit this week or I may have to put pontoons on it and float it out if the Platte River goes out and floods the area where it is stored! I'm heading out there on Thursday to check things out unless I get a call from my brother who lives out there and lets me know it's going to flood. Then I beat it out there, put the hitchin the TV and head down to hook on to it and tow it out!
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote