Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #1
tgrucelski
Established Member

M.O.C. #7552
Hitch Vision Mirror

Greetings All,

Has anyone had to replace the "Hitch Vision" mirror?

In the process of removing the peeling graphics above, I had some solvent run down the mirror and leave some streaks of basically no mirror finish.

Dealer sent me one of the newer ones that is only ~5 1/2" in height whereas the one on our '08 3400 is ~11"

Called dealer when it showed up and was told that Keystone only goes back 2 model years or something and cannot get me the exact replacement.

Next call was to Keystone to see if I could find out who the supplier was and was told Burlington Graphics.

Next call to was to Burlington Graphics and was told no they never supplied any of these mirrors for the Montanas. Other brands yes, Montana, no.

Anyone have any ideas?

tgrucelski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
CORattler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10496
I find the one on mine to be useless. If it fell off, I'd never bother to replace it. JMHO.
CORattler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:36 AM   #3
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
I wonder if an auto glass place might be able to help you out. Henderson Glass in Michigan does auto and home glass, including mirrors, and might be able to make a replacement, so I guessing other places could too.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:15 AM   #4
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CORattler

I find the one on mine to be useless. If it fell off, I'd never bother to replace it. JMHO.
Mine's still there, but I don't use it. I lean a bit toward the back seat and can see both the hitch and the pin.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #5
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Apparently Tgrucelski has learned to love his mirror and not using it doesn't sound like something he wants to do.

Referring to the OP it sounds like the next thing to do is to contact Keystone and tell them what Burlington said about that model. It sounds like the persons at Keystone or Burlington generalized their answer instead of looking up the actual vendor used in the manufacture of the particular rig and get the vendor's name for the mirror. It starts with Keystone providing the correct information. Provide the dimensions (height, width, depth, whether it's convex or flat) and make them tell you who makes it (doesn't sound like Burlington unless the Keystone person can confirm). Then armed with that information try the vendor. A lot of times if the person you talk to can get you off the phone quickly then they are happy, not necessarily effective. Generalizations will do this. What you need are actual facts.

If you find you are not getting anywhere with them, contact an RV parts distributor giving them your specifications, or like Tom recommends try a mirror company. Or use the smaller mirror (unless you sent it back). It's possible with the quick response they did send you the wrong mirror - it happens. Lots of support calls when rushed will send the wrong stuff.

Whatever the resolution, we'd be interested in the outcome. I'll do a quick internet search and if I find something I'll post it. Good luck.

On edit: My internet search found that the Cougar model of trailer might have the size mirror you are looking for and maybe you can confirm the dimensions and use that as a replacement. This was patented by Keystone therefore they should have a replacement.

I also found these alternatives for a mirror at the front cap if you are unsuccessful at Keystone or their vendor. Note these are examples and you might be able to find better prices with a better search:

http://www.hitch-up-mirror.com/agora...htm#FifthWheel (removable magnet mount)

https://www.makariosrv.com/products/...5th-Wheel.html (requires drilling and attachment to the pin box)

Good luck to you
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote