Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
ljensen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8384
Optiflame Fireplace

My light must have burned out. It blinked once and went black. Still heats fine. What type of bulb do I need to buy? Make, Model, watts etc. or is there something better? I would like to get it before I remove fireplace. Also I know wires have burned before. Is there anything I need to do while it is out, other then inspect wires and connections making sure they are tight? Do I just remove the 4 screws on wood mantle to remove fireplace? Thanks in advance. louis

ljensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
I had to replace a switch in mine. It was a simple chore. Just remove the 4 screws you mentioned and pull the unit out. Then disassemble the top and you will find what you need. I don't know what bulb you need but there are upper lights and lower which are for the fake flames.
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #3
randye
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7139
It sounds like wiring or maybe as shovehead86 stated just a switch. I have repair the main connection and power cord. So far everything is still working fine. The vibrations of traveling loosen up things.
randye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:15 AM   #4
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
The hardest part for me is fishing out the wooden plugs in the fireplace facia. Then after unscrewing the four screws, grab hold of the front and pull straight out.

It could certainly be the bulb that burned out.

Unfortunately you have to know the exact model for the unit in order to identify the bulb you need. I don't remember where the label for the model is located, but I don't think it's that big of a deal to locate the bulb after removing the fireplace, then seek a replacement. It's not too hard to do this effort compared to other items. Then you can put the fireplace back in place and use it until the new bulb is acquired.

Please keep us posted on what you find and how it got resolved.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote