Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-09-2010, 02:37 PM   #1
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Drifters RV Park in Rockport, TX

We just arrived here today and noticed a whole bunch Montana's in this park. Let us know who is here please. We are in site 85 and our friends (Gofnuts) Michael and Renee are in 83. Now don't be looking for a Montana in 85 because we are in a SOB.

DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #2
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
We are not there. wish we were.
Tell Michael and Renee Hi it was nice of them to stop by.
See you in September
Mel
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
You're getting closer!!!

Where do you go from there, directly to Kerrvile?
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:44 PM   #4
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
Yes, we are going to Kerrville on the 15th.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:08 AM   #5
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
I have a lot of our Escapee friends staying in Rockport but none have Montana's.. One does have a brand new SOB with the same name on it as you have. We are leaving New Orleans today and heading toward Houston.

Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:31 AM   #6
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Doug,

When we were in Rockport, we saw 3 longtimers in that park. I looked for MOC-ware, none to be seen.

You might want to say HI to Slick Willie, he lives nearby.
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:48 AM   #7
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Doug,
As you pass San Antonio on the 15th, stick your hand up and wave.(With all fingers, please.) We'll be into Gaudalupe on the 16th.

I hope we are parked next to each other so we will not know which SOB they are throwing rocks at!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #8
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
BTW, Drifter's RV Resort is actually in Estes, TX. Just had to put that in there, as my families surname was Estes at one time. Don't know for sure how the "r" got added. That is a beautiful park, with some very nice cabins. I've had family that stayed in the cabins when they came down from OK. Last Resort next door is not bad either. DW and I stayed in one of those cabins they have on stilts out by the highway first time we ever came to Rockport.

Are the skitters bad there now? They have lots of trees, and the skitters love them. Man, we've got some big ones this year. I did notice Rockport was spraying last night.

We looked at Drifters, but they will only let you stay for 6 months at a time in it. We need a permanent lot, so we ended up back at ICW.

I might add one other thing. Watch your speed on Bus. 35 between Rockport and Aransas Pass. They are working the heck out of it. I travel it many times a week, and it's not very often I don't see the Sheriff's dept. with someone pulled over. Hate to see someone get a ticket and spoil their visit. Also, Rockport PD has really been working where Bypass 35 ends at Broadway in Rockport.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #9
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Doug and Sharon, none of those are us. We're about 180 miles NE of you at Jamaica Beach, TX, on Galveston Island. Looking forward to seeing you two and the other west coasters at the rally! Hi to Michael and Renee, too.

And Happy Birthday tomorrow, Renee!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #10
timandsusan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5165
If you are in Rockport--I am assuming you have been to the Big Fisherman for lunch or was it to busy! If you get over to Port A--eat at the Beach Street Grill--outstanding food. The place is a little unusual looking but go on in. It is located on Beach Street just as the name implies. It makes me hungry for seafood just writing about it. Also there are other great places in Rockport--I can remember locations but the names get a little fuzzy! See you guys in Kerrville--that also has alot of great eating places. We have stayed at the Drifters in the summer and really enjoyed it. Great location.
F-250 King Ranch Crew Cab 2012, Single Wheel, 6.7 L Diesel, Transfer Flow Internal 50 Gallon Fuel Tank, Upgraded Ford Software for 50 Gallon tank, 2006 3475Rl with Mor-ryde King Pin, 2nd AC, 2nd Battery, Pressure Pro TPMS, Wet Bolt Shackle Kit
timandsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:37 AM   #11
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
SlickWillie, the skitters are fearless here. They greeted us Texas style when we got out of our rig.

Tim and Susan, thanks for the tips on eating here in the Rockport area. If you can think of the names of the other good places let us know.

Wayne, we will wave as we go by San Antonio.

Steve, we are also looking forward to seeing you and Vicki again.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:49 PM   #12
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
If you like Mexican food, Los Comales is the place. Everything we've eaten there is great. I'm a hearty eater, and the small servings always do me well. Charlotte Plummer's Seafare; I love their fried soft shell crab. Moon Dogs has great food and atmosphere. We ate over at Paradise Key on Key Allegro last night. Had the ALFREDO PARADISE plate. It was wonderful. They are a little pricey. Here is their menu. Breakfast, either Ken's Diner in Rockport, or City Bakery Cafe in Aransas Pass.

Enjoy your stay. BTW, remember the spring breakers will be hitting Port A Friday. Ferry lines will be long, and traffic in Port A will be bad. Not to discourage you from going there, just wanted you to know. There is great food to be had there too. In addition to the one mentioned, we love the shrimp and oyster po boys at Moby Dicks. Old building, great atmosphere.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #13
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
Doug,

You see, you just have to know the locals, ...and which ones are MOC people...! Happy eating!

Thanks Will, for taking care of our MOC friends!
simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 05:44 AM   #14
GOFNUTS
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3053
Steve, thanks for the birthday greeting! Just wish my cell phone worked better here. Also, this is the first time we have been able to get online in four days. I was having withdrawals really bad, but I am a happy camper right now!

Mel, it was great to see you & Joy and meet your father. Your home is awesome! To funny you were on our way to play golf!

Renee
GOFNUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:50 AM   #15
helmick
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8890
We just had lunch at Beach. St. Grill in Port A.
Really good food.
helmick is offline   Reply With Quote