Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2009, 03:39 PM   #1
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Entertainment slide out

In our 3400RL we have had an issue with this particular slide. Initially we could not get a complete closure on the top right section when looking from the outside. The dealer adjusted it this past winter and it has done the trick. Now this spring we found that when the slide is open the seal right around on the inside is not completely sealed, a good 1/4” space. The dealer said they would come out and see if they can re adjust this. Has anyone had this same issue and if so how was this resolved?

Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Has to be an adjustment problem. Glad your dealer is willing to be so helpful on this. Many aren't.

Also, I am not sure if this is an issue for you, but make sure you put out your slides BEFORE you put down your rear stabilizers. Those little buggers can easily put a surprising amount of twist on your frame. It can affect your slide performance...

Also, not being pretty close to level will effect slide performance.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:12 AM   #3
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I agree it's an adjustment problem. Our manual has instructions for adjusting it. The manual for our 2003 Montana did not have that. If all else fails, do a member search for MIMF or MIMF2 and email or PM him. He used to work at Lippert, who manufactured the slides, and is our resident expert. At one rally he showed me how to do the adjustment. One key point not clear in the manual is to put the slide 1/3 or so out and then do the adjustment. After tightening, rock the heck out of the slide so it moves to the new adjustment point. Then test it. I was sure glad to get his help since I was scared to death of screwing things up. But with his help I now can do the adjustment without fear. Well, maybe a little.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 AM   #4
Freeda II
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7813
Thanks a lot for this. If the dealer can't help I will contact MIMF. andy
Freeda II is offline   Reply With Quote